Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bhops losses to taylor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you Calzaghe fans need to get off your high horses! Joe is a great fighter but his resume is weak, don't give a monkeys what ya say! Maybe that's Frank Warren's fault but Joe should have jumped ship, you know am right?

Hopkins isn't as good as fighter as Calzaghe but his resume is better, Yes or No?

Can't wait tell this fight is over and done with. The build up to it has been tedious to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by FRKO View Post
      Losing to a "Euro-bum" or "the biggest conman in boxing" called Joe should do the trick, surely?
      You know FRKO, I really think that might do it. How on earth Hopkins could possibly lose to a fighter of such incredible ineptitude I really have no idea.

I mean he'd have to be a complete fraud to be unable to defeat him, wouldn't he? Especially in his own backyard.

________
      WILLIAM S. KNUDSEN
      Last edited by abadger; 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        Some of you Calzaghe fans need to get off your high horses! Joe is a great fighter but his resume is weak, don't give a monkeys what ya say! Maybe that's Frank Warren's fault but Joe should have jumped ship, you know am right?

Hopkins isn't as good as fighter as Calzaghe but his resume is better, Yes or No?

Can't wait tell this fight is over and done with. The build up to it has been tedious to say the least.
        I agree that Bernard has the marginally better resume, but that Calzaghe is the better fighter.

No argument from me there.
        ________
        ****STARS JOLIE

Comment

Originally posted by c'monmang' View Post
          what do you mean by dimish? he has accomplshed what he has accomplished, nothing can change the history books, he has ALREADY accomplished what h eaccomplished..

diminish is an opinion.

yes, 43 yr old Hopkins can beat Calzage,, Hopkins may have needed this move to 175, especially at his age..
          To you Hopkins may have accomplished everything he needs to accomplish, but to get my everlasting respect he needs to beat Joe Calzaghe.

It seems to me that you are trying to have your cake and eat it. You are basically saying that if Bernard loses it won't matter, he was old anyway, and he's still great, but if I were to say the same thing about Calzaghe you'd probably try and eat me alive.

Surely, if you pick Hopkins to win, then he must not be the fighter you thought he was if he loses?

If Calzaghe loses, I will be the first to say he wasn't the fighter I thought he was.
          ________
          Universal health

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
            To you Hopkins may have accomplished everything he needs to accomplish, but to get my everlasting respect he needs to beat Joe Calzaghe.

It seems to me that you are trying to have your cake and eat it. You are basically saying that if Bernard loses it won't matter, he was old anyway, and he's still great, but if I were to say the same thing about Calzaghe you'd probably try and eat me alive.

Surely, if you pick Hopkins to win, then he must not be the fighter you thought he was if he loses?

If Calzaghe loses, I will be the first to say he wasn't the fighter I thought he was.
            Hops is 43 yrs old. DAYUM.

HE had 20 title defenses of his middle weight crown and went on to win the undisputed light heavy crown at like 41 yrs of age. Losing to Jow wont dimish that.

Comment

I agree that Bernard has the marginally better resume, but that Calzaghe is the better fighter.

No argument from me there.

There's no 'marginally' about it, Hopkins has a better resume by a distance.

You nearly pulled it off, still one of Joe's boys.

Comment

Hops is 43 yrs old. DAYUM.

HE had 20 title defenses of his middle weight crown and went on to win the undisputed light heavy crown at like 41 yrs of age. Losing to Jow wont dimish that.
                Joe Calzaghe has 20+ defenses of his SMW crown and has never been beaten in 44 professional fights as a SMW. Losing to Hopkins won't diminish that.

Do you agree?
                ________
                Rare disorders forums

Comment

Had a feeling this would warp from a thread about the Taylor fights to a Joe fans v B-Hop fans battle thread. Either guy can lose and still be considered a great fighter. But legacy-wise, Joe needs to win more than Hopkins does. The losses to Taylor were big news at the time but by now nobody cares about that **** anymore since Hopkins has gone on to accomplish more. Except of course Bernard's haters who love to bring it up as a diss to him.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe has 20+ defenses of his SMW crown and has never been beaten in 44 professional fights as a SMW. Losing to Hopkins won't diminish that.

Do you agree?
                    ofcourse it wont diminish it..

he just will not have accomplished what Bhop has, by moving up in weight and winning the light heavy weight crown.

Comment

ofcourse it wont diminish it..

he just will not have accomplished what Bhop has, by moving up in weight and winning the light heavy weight crown.
                      But if he wins...

My last post in this thread. The guy who said it had gone off topic was right. Sorry.

Of course Taylor's wins hurt Hopkins. It was the end of his reign as SMW and the end of ten years undefeated. In boxing the goal is to win, and wins make reputations. Losses damage them. End of story.
                      ________
                      Drug Tests
                      Last edited by abadger; 03-20-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X