No announcement yet.

Bhops losses to taylor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abadger View Post
    So, in fact close defeats, even to inferior fighters, do not diminish a boxers legacy?

I will remember that in the unlikely event that Hopkins wins on the 19th.

Comment

So, in fact close defeats, even to inferior fighters, do not diminish a boxers legacy?

Yeah but you cant compare calzaghes resume to bhops. This is Calzaghes biggest fight, first time not fighting at home, he needs to win. This is not Bhops biggest fight, Bhop won his biggest fights.

Comment

Originally posted by R.I.P. Corrales View Post
        Yeah but you cant compare calzaghes resume to bhops. This is Calzaghes biggest fight, first time not fighting at home, he needs to win. This is not Bhops biggest fight, Bhop won his biggest fights.

The Taylor re-match was pretty big, his first pro fight was a big fight it is for anyone.

As great as Hopkins is and he is i firmly believe everyone Hopkins beat in his career Calzaghe would have beat.

Comment

Originally posted by FRKO View Post
          I think those losses hurt him, and when Taylor lost to Pavlik, it hurt Hopkins even more.

While I'm in this thread, I'll say I thought Jermain won both fights, and Jermain also won the Pavlik rematch by one or maybe two rounds. Shame other people don't score fights like I do, though, they tend to score for the guy throwing the most shots even if they're being blocked.
          HELL NAH.........

Comment

You have to remember Hopkins was FORTY yrs old and he had to close fights with JT. Both . in the end of those fights he was kicking JT's ass, although I feel he still lost......It doesnt diminish his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by c'monmang' View Post
              HELL NAH.........
              Hell yes, actually! It's my opinion that he won. Nothing anyone can say will change that, I have seen the fight many times and I will stick to what I said. 7-5 Taylor > Pavlik.

Marquez also beat Pac, and Johnson beat Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone1 View Post
                The Taylor re-match was pretty big, his first pro fight was a big fight it is for anyone.

As great as Hopkins is and he is i firmly believe everyone Hopkins beat in his career Calzaghe would have beat.
                We'll never know because calzaghe never fought them, he played it safe, IMO, Kessler was his biggest match b4 this. Dont get me wrong, I have a feeling Calzaghe is good enough to win, and I personally feel he might win, but all im saying is that he HAS to win, or else he's just another Hatton, or Woods. Hopkins is a legend either way. And his first fight was nowhere near his biggest fights IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by c'monmang' View Post
                  You have to remember Hopkins was FORTY yrs old and he had to close fights with JT. Both . in the end of those fights he was kicking JT's ass, although I feel he still lost......It doesnt diminish his legacy.
                  And yet you feel that a FORTY THREE year old Hopkins is going to beat Joe Calzaghe?

What, out of interest, would diminish Hopkin's legacy in your eyes?
                  ________
                  List Of Subaru Transmissions
                  Last edited by abadger; 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Losing to a "Euro-bum" or "the biggest conman in boxing" called Joe should do the trick, surely?

Comment

And yet you feel that a FORTY THREE year old Hopkins is going to beat Joe Calzaghe?

what do you mean by dimish? he has accomplshed what he has accomplished, nothing can change the history books, he has ALREADY accomplished what h eaccomplished..

diminish is an opinion.

yes, 43 yr old Hopkins can beat Calzage,, Hopkins may have needed this move to 175, especially at his age..

Comment

Working...
                      X