And ppl complain about Cotto-Gomez...
Michael Marley
BREAKING NEWS
1/10/2008
LOS ANGELES—DeLaHoya-Chavez III is being hotly discussed in Oscar’s camp. This would be the continuation of a blood feud,.
He beat his father twice and now Oscar DeLaHoya, frustrated by Floyd Mayweather’s demand for a $20 million purse for a rematch, is seriously contemplating a September ring return against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
“Oscar is thinking this over. Oscar is talking about with his people. You talk about a huge fight, a huge fight in the Latin market and a fight with two magical names happening around Mexican Independence Day…well, what could be better than DeLaHoya-Chavez III, with the rising son picking up the battle where his father failed. Naturally, the father would be a major part of the promotion.”
It’s likely that, unless DeLaHoya consents to Mayweather’s astronomical purse demand, that PBF will sit out the entire year. That’s easy considering the $50 million he hauled in last year.
So Oscar, who hoped to fight May 3 and then in September, continues his search for a beatable opponent,. You have to wonder if there is a meaningful opponent who is salable for the Cinco de Mayo weekend. If there’s not, then maybe ODLH does not glove up again until September.
Don’t think Top Rank would hesitate in making DeLaHoya-Chavez III.
“Why would Arum blink?” an inside source told me. “It’s a cashout fight with his 33-0-1 prospect. JC Junior is turning age 22 on Feb. 16 and Arum would convince himself the kid could win the bout.”
The crazy thing is it wouldn’t take much to convince the PPV TV audience that the son gaining revenge on behalf of the father is possible.
Stay tuned on this one because this is a plum that DeLaHoya may not be able to pass up.
Should Oscar win, then it would just rev him up for another fight he can win, a mega bout against Ricky Hatton.
Stay tuned…
Michael Marley
BREAKING NEWS
1/10/2008
LOS ANGELES—DeLaHoya-Chavez III is being hotly discussed in Oscar’s camp. This would be the continuation of a blood feud,.
He beat his father twice and now Oscar DeLaHoya, frustrated by Floyd Mayweather’s demand for a $20 million purse for a rematch, is seriously contemplating a September ring return against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
“Oscar is thinking this over. Oscar is talking about with his people. You talk about a huge fight, a huge fight in the Latin market and a fight with two magical names happening around Mexican Independence Day…well, what could be better than DeLaHoya-Chavez III, with the rising son picking up the battle where his father failed. Naturally, the father would be a major part of the promotion.”
It’s likely that, unless DeLaHoya consents to Mayweather’s astronomical purse demand, that PBF will sit out the entire year. That’s easy considering the $50 million he hauled in last year.
So Oscar, who hoped to fight May 3 and then in September, continues his search for a beatable opponent,. You have to wonder if there is a meaningful opponent who is salable for the Cinco de Mayo weekend. If there’s not, then maybe ODLH does not glove up again until September.
Don’t think Top Rank would hesitate in making DeLaHoya-Chavez III.
“Why would Arum blink?” an inside source told me. “It’s a cashout fight with his 33-0-1 prospect. JC Junior is turning age 22 on Feb. 16 and Arum would convince himself the kid could win the bout.”
The crazy thing is it wouldn’t take much to convince the PPV TV audience that the son gaining revenge on behalf of the father is possible.
Stay tuned on this one because this is a plum that DeLaHoya may not be able to pass up.
Should Oscar win, then it would just rev him up for another fight he can win, a mega bout against Ricky Hatton.
Stay tuned…
Comment