Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Six Greatest Punches In Ring History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[I agree with these two guys ^ and also wheres corrales vs. castillo I?, and as noted ^ tarver vs. jones, chavez vs. taylor. At the very least, I know theres room for more than six.

Comment

Douglas vs Tyson, that uppercut that hurt Tyson was brutal. Hearns vs Duran, and McCallum vs Curry.

Comment

I can't believe the phantom punch isn't on there...and even more:

The uppercut that threw frazier off his feet and into the air.

Where the **** is that?

Comment

The fights he listed were events on the highest scale. Back then, a big fight was like the superbowl or the world series. As legendary as Castillo-Corrales is, it was NOT a one-punch comeback, but a series of punches and Castillo was never off his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The fights he listed were events on the highest scale. Back then, a big fight was like the superbowl or the world series. As legendary as Castillo-Corrales is, it was NOT a one-punch comeback, but a series of punches and Castillo was never off his feet.
            Hearns-Duran and Chavez-Taylor seem to fit that bill.

Comment

Hearns-Duran should had been there. I also find strange that none mentions Mike Tyson, who had a couple of nasty ass brutal KOs.

Comment

can def see whjy this is # 4!
                WATCH THIS!
                http://www.youtube.com/v/8swPjsJ4rN0

this ref shoulda been fired ... n e one agree..this is back when they didnt stop fights lol
                Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-23-2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Exactly. Corrales-Castillo and Mosley-Forrest are not historically significant.

Comment

Originally posted by MaFu MoFo View Post
                    Hearns-Duran should had been there. I also find strange that none mentions Mike Tyson, who had a couple of nasty ass brutal KOs.
                    Tyson knocking out some bum doesn't belong on the list with Frazier-Ali and all the other great punches.

Comment

How Ali got up from that Left hook to the jaw from Joe frazier is still a misery to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X