No announcement yet.

Iceman vs Ken Shamrock, last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FluugMacMan View Post
    If everyone knows what your kryptonite is, why would you keep the fight at his deadliest strength? If PBF fought MMA, everyone and their momma would be MT kicking his legs from underneath him and tackling his sorry butt to the ground. Unless PBF had extensive training in MMA and thus became a mixed martial artist, then he could be a force as a mixed martial artist with brilliant boxing skills.

BTW ferocity, if a boxer is close enough to throw a clean punch, he would be in takedown range well before he got close enough to jab. In essence, a pure boxer only has the instant before he's tackle to knock a person out, and only a punches chance at that. Other then the boxer getting mauled by virtually any situation the MMAer decides to put him in, he only has a punches chance. This is sad. How come so many people thing all boxers' have superman like strength, where they all have one touch ko's no matter how they punch. I'm not getting that, I know with the roid cases floating around, people maybe more inclined to think that, but come on.
    A boxer will have more succes in mma, then a mma will every have in boxing.

mma, take the man out before he takes you out. you're lieing to yourself if you think boxers aren't capable of defeating an mma. just because it is under mma rules doesn't mean the boxer will fight you under mma style, i've see these mma guys on spike tv circling and tring to decide when to punch, and many times they rush for the take down and it gets them no where so they go back on there feet toe to toe. basicly mma is wreastling, except its real.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
      it worked many years for chuck liddel
      [sarcasm]Yes, and chuck a masterful boxer who uses a normal boxing stance.[/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Cold View Post
        i believe you would be talking to different weight classes when it comes to peter and rampage when it comes to mma. the weight limit for a light heavyweight is 205 and I don't think Peter weighs less or at 205
        chuck Liddell would be a heavy weight in boxing so Im just trying to sqaure the field but my point is Chuck Liddell and guys like Rampage live and die on brawling upright. So a guy like Sam Peter would have super heavy and quick hands against the like and at the heavier weights would decimate opponents just from landing one punch, even his jabs. At the lower weights this would not work as well but there are still many guys who would be able to pot shot mma guys until it was lights out very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by FluugMacMan View Post
          [sarcasm]Yes, and chuck a masterful boxer who uses a normal boxing stance.[/sarcasm]
          you mean like hatton, or maussa or jones. jr. or hamed who used "normal boxing stance" ?

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
            you mean like hatton, or maussa or jones. jr. or hamed who used "normal boxing stance" ?
            No ******. Chuck's stance is almost the worst for boxing. That's because it's much closer to a wrestling stance (NOT boxing). That's because he's a wrestler that can strike (Not a BOXER).

Side note, just because a person punches, does not mean he's a boxer.
            Last edited by FluugMacMan; 09-29-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Cold View Post
              in my opinion, when it comes to boxer's fighting in mma or an mma fighting boxing, in my opinion I personally think an mma fighter would have a better chance at succeeding in boxing then a boxer does in mma.
              The last UFC fight in the UK, there was a boxer turned MMA fighter and he was able to defeat an MMA fighter by KO. In fact, this boxer has a winning record in MMA as well as in boxing. I can't remember his name, though.

sorry to bump an old thread.

Comment

Working...
              X