Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko and the Heavyweight Renaissance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will beleive it when they're are some good HW fights lined up that deliver action. After watching Briggs - Ibragimov, I lost a lot of faith in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay View Post
      There's no 'renaissance' unless these guys who have the belts start fighting each other and being more active. You have to say the division dramatically lacks depth when Ray Austin is getting mandatory title defenses, politics has alot to with this crap.
      Ray Austin got his title shot not because of any lack of depth, but because of his promoter Don King's influence on the workings of the IBF. That being said, Austin isn't quite as bad as people have been making him out to be since his loss to Wlad. He hadn't lost a fight in 5 or 6 years. Still, he should have defeated a contender before recieving his chance.

There are plenty of better heavyweights than Austin, such as Vladimir Virchis, who deserve a title shot but haven't had one yet.
      Last edited by Steelhammer86; 07-05-2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GunStar View Post
        Did Canada Joe wrote this article??
        if so he knows boxing

Comment

.....Great article!!! Bout time someone stood up for the heavies. I believe it is indeed a deep division right now and Wlad is the king.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
            Great article..

I would only agree and at the same time disagree with Maskaev being the # 3 (or was it 4) guy.

The part of me that agrees is that IMO Maskaev is very underrated.
            After watching his fight with Tua on YouTube.. he had Tua schooled for 11 rounds and had the fight in the bag. But than the inexperienced Maskaev, decided to go after Tua and got himself KTFO! He has better than average or even good skills... It's just that he has been mismanaged all of his carrier.

Oh and BTW... When others give him absolutely no chance and have already decommissioned him as a titlist.. I may be crazy, but I give him more than a slim chance against Peter.

"It's just that he has been mismanaged all of his carrier."

I think it's worse than mismanagement, Mr. S. I think the so-called Russian Mafiya forced him throw a fight or two, with the understanding that they'll leave him alone thereafter. He is a very very powerful man. Looking forward to his fight with Peters. I pick Oleg!

And thanks for turning me green!

ww

Comment

Very well written article but this is NOT the best heavy field since the mid-70s. That would be the early to mid-90s heavies.

Comment

Last edited by werewolf; 07-06-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seselj View Post
                  potatoes Vlad Klitchko is in his prime..i've seen his boxing matches. he'l be still champ in 3-5 years from now.

If Denis Boytsov had gotten the better training I suggest a year ago, he would now be ready to put Wladimir Klitschko out of his misery.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    If Denis Boytsov had gotten the better training I suggest a year ago, he would now be ready to put Wladimir Klitschko out of his misery.
                    Boytsov has a way to go yet, and even then Klitschko will be a tough match for him. But I agree he is a talent.

Comment

Denis Boytsov has brittle hands and some psychological problems.

But we will see what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X