Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton on Mayweather AGAIN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, he doesn't have to fight any of those guys but you think he should.

Comment

It's all about the money if the moneys right for all concerned Hatton will fight PBF regardless of who hes fought and beat in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcel View Post
        Because he has hardly any big names on his resume, 3 at best.
        Its not like he needs tons and tons of names on his cv before boxing PBF. He is an established name and a p4p guy. He has a very big name on his resume. Hatton and PBF were talked about to fight ages ago. Its not like now Hatton has to beat 3 guys to box PBF.
        Hatton is boxing Castillo next, another big name. If he does well, if PBF wants Hatton, they can do business.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          In an ideal world and if time wasnt an issue and fights were easy to make maybe Hatton could box those boxers. But he doesnt have to. Hatton is more of a name if not at 147 than Cotto and Marge. PBF didnt need to box any 154lbs befor boxing DLH and it would be stupid to say that he did need to.
          Hatton is no bigger a name than Mosley, Cotto or De La Hoya if these are the folks Floyd is considering fighting. He fought Oscar at 154 because Oscar wanted that advantage in weight or didn't want to try to make 147. Hatton is just trying to talk Floyd into fighting him which is probably his best path to the fight because he gets beat by Mosely or Cotto and possibly Williams and Margarito.

Comment

I wouldn't take it as a given that Cotto would beat Hatton, in fact I think it would be a fairly even fight.

Comment

I'd pick Hatton to beat Cotto it'd be a good fight aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                I wouldn't take it as a given that Cotto would beat Hatton, in fact I think it would be a fairly even fight.
                I'll give you that, but if I'm Floyd and I'm "retired", I would just wait and see who comes out on top in the next 6 mo to a year and fight them. In the long run it's more money and legend for him. Why fight Hatton now and then Cotto or a Mosley later when he could just wait until they fight each other and see who's left standing?

Comment

I believe Hatton fights are better to see than Mayweather's. In a Hatton-Mayweather fight, I pick Hatton to win if Mayweather will fight and not run.

Comment

I'd rather see Hatton and Cotto/Judah winner go at it first. There's so many great fights at 147 to be made without Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
                      I'd rather see Hatton and Cotto/Judah winner go at it first. There's so many great fights at 147 to be made without Floyd.
                      That's what I think might happen but only if Cotto wins because Judah's appeal is very much on the wane.

Comment

Working...
                      X