No announcement yet.

Why Is Hatton Obsessed With Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
    Floyd did it when he fought Castillo the 2nd time, Mosley fights everyone he loses to twice, Winky and Forrest both fought him again. Real champions do that, they prove they are better in the ring especially when it is controversial.
    Yeah Shane was a little too brave for his own good in those cases, but I respected his guts a lot.

Comment

Hatton keeps mentioning PBF and saying how great he is because Hatton thinks when he beats him, he will get extra credit for doing so. But when Hatton is saying PBF is boring its because he is giving an honest assesment of the performance he saw of PBF. He is a straight talking kid.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Hatton keeps mentioning PBF and saying how great he is because Hatton thinks when he beats him, he will get extra credit for doing so. But when Hatton is saying PBF is boring its because he is giving an honest assesment of the performance he saw of PBF. He is a straight talking kid.
        Then why is he turning down offers to fight Mayweather? You shouldn't be talking **** when you're scared to sign the contract...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
          Then why is he turning down offers to fight Mayweather? You shouldn't be talking **** when you're scared to sign the contract...
          That one again eh?

Comment

It makes sense that PBF would avoid Hatton for the simnple reason that Hatton is a threat and the big big name PBF wanted is Oscar.

Whereas with Hatton, PBF is the biggest fight out there for him. It would be his biggest pay day. He wants to retire soon.

I dont see why Hatton would duck PBF. I believe Hatton would be a rough fight for PBF. And he prefers space to work.

ITs not a case of who is scared of who. They both believe they can win. But its all just polotics, and money.

Comment

Then why is he turning down offers to fight Mayweather? You shouldn't be talking **** when you're scared to sign the contract..
              There never was a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                There never was a contract.
                The fight was offered to him twice. Hatton hasn't even denied that. The second time it was offered, you can see what Hatton's people said in my sig...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                  The fight was offered to him twice. Hatton hasn't even denied that. The second time it was offered, you can see what Hatton's people said in my sig...
                  I'm interested in you justifying what relevance it has to the present situation. Hatton didnt even refuse the fight, he just priced himself out of it at the time (maybe he didnt feel ready...nothing wrong with that, why would you take a fight if you felt in your mind and heart that you were going to lose). Because he didnt jump at the fight at one stage, does that mean that he can NEVER talk about that fighter, or try to get a bout with that fighter EVER AGAIN?

If so, why? I think that most fighters in the world have refused certain fighters, or took other fights instead of them. Muhammed Ali himself refused the fight with Chuvalo because it wasnt a good time for him. Does that somehow mean that he should never have had the opportunity to fight him at a later date?

Quit living in the past. Hatton wants the fight at the present time, Floyd and DLH both said that they would be interested in taking him on. So if Hatton wants to talk about it, build up the hype, publicise himself and get himself the opportunity of the fight, whats the problem? As long as he isnt being a prick about it...which it doesnt seem to me he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
                    I'm interested in you justifying what relevance it has to the present situation. Hatton didnt even refuse the fight, he just priced himself out of it at the time (maybe he didnt feel ready...nothing wrong with that, why would you take a fight if you felt in your mind and heart that you were going to lose). Because he didnt jump at the fight at one stage, does that mean that he can NEVER talk about that fighter, or try to get a bout with that fighter EVER AGAIN?

If so, why? I think that most fighters in the world have refused certain fighters, or took other fights instead of them. Muhammed Ali himself refused the fight with Chuvalo because it wasnt a good time for him. Does that somehow mean that he should never have had the opportunity to fight him at a later date?

Quit living in the past. Hatton wants the fight at the present time, Floyd and DLH both said that they would be interested in taking him on. So if Hatton wants to talk about it, build up the hype, publicise himself and get himself the opportunity of the fight, whats the problem? As long as he isnt being a prick about it...which it doesnt seem to me he is.

I really don't think Hatton can get much better. When the fight was offered, Hatton had peaked in my opinon.

He is waiting for Mayweather to DECLINE, simple as that. Plus, get a little extra money in the bank just in case he does lose badly and will not be as marketable. Smart Move on his part.

We see all the time what happens to fighters that rely on speed and reflexes as their main weapon, once they get to 30+. Mayweather isn't a big power puncher, he needs his other attributes.

Hatton would have a hard time with Mayweather when Floyd still has healthy/young legs. The older he gets, the more he will stay in one spot. Just like Roy Jones Jr.

I also think Hatton hoped that when Floyd moved up to 147+, that the bigger fighters would of taken something out of him. Well that didn't happen, but Oscar is up next, and Oscar has the best chance to age Floyd.
                    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 02-21-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Because to be the best you have to fight the best. How about if his whole game plan was he wanted a showdown with Junior Witter. Doesn't make as much sense as Mayweather, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X