Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is Hatton Obsessed With Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is Hatton Obsessed With Mayweather?

I think it's pretty damn obvious Hatton has a strange obsession with Mayweather. At every opportunity, Hatton doesn't fail to bring up Mayweather's name for one reason or another. Here are just a few instances:

-In various interviews he's said Floyd is the best fighter in the world P4P and that would be a dream fight for him.

-After the Baldomir fight, he said Floyd looked like Russell Crowe but fought like Sheryl Crow.

-In his post fight interview after the Urango fight, Hatton said he wanted to fight in Vegas because all the greats have fought there. The first great he names? Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

-At the post fight press conference, he says Mayweather-DLH will be a boring fight and people should watch Hatton-Castillo for an exciting fight. Last time I checked, these fights aren't even competing with each other. They are a month apart. What is the point of even bringing up Mayweather-DLH? Is Hatton Mayweather's publicist?

-He talks about Mayweather as a boring fighter, yet Hatton himself doesn't realize his last few fights have been painful to watch. Hatton needs to realize hugging is not entertaining.

-In hyping his fight against Castillo, he has talked more about Mayweather than his opponent. He has even gone as far as saying he feels he can beat Mayweather even after his poor performances against Urango and Castillo.

-Hatton feels he has the style to beat Mayweather, yet everytime the fight has been offered to him he's turned it down.

-When Mayweather talked **** about the UFC, Hatton felt the need to chime in: "There's as much chance of Manchester City winning the European Cup as Mayweather fighting in the UFC! You can't even get him to fight in the boxing ring."

-A week before the Castillo fight, Hatton was still talking about Mayweather. This time, Hatton claimed he had never seen an entertaining Mayweather fight.

The obsession is clear, but the reason is not. Why the hell does Hatton keep bringing up Mayweather's name? At first you would think it's to try and score a fight with him, but Hatton has clearly been ducking him for over 2 years and it was written into Hatton's contract with HBO that he would not have to face Mayweather. So it definetely can't be because Hatton wants to fight him. Anyone have any idea why Hatton is obsessed with Mayweather?
    Last edited by !! $iN; 06-17-2007, 12:50 PM.

Alot of people have written him off after the Collazo fight. His poor performanced showed the fans that he couldn't live with Floyd.

He's now **** talking to bring some attention back to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
      Alot of people have written him off after the Collazo fight. His poor performanced showed the fans that he couldn't live with Floyd.

He's now **** talking to bring some attention back to himself.
      He also notices how Floyd turned his attention to other things. He's basically just attention whoring.

Comment

It IS because Maywhether is the top fighter in that division and because Hatton wants to fight him.

Leave all of the conjecture, rumour and the bull**** behind. All this "Who ducked who" **** is old and massively boring and its tiresome seeing it in thread after thread after thread. Perhaps Hatton didnt feel like he would be able to fight Maywhether two years ago. PBF is P4P number 1, so I certainly wouldnt be ashamed of him if Ricky didnt think he was ready, or if the networks didnt think he was ready. Now he's one or two fights away from it happening regardless of who is or isnt ready, so providing everything stays on course and neither of them lose unexpectadly or retire...it will happen.

At least he is treating PBF with enough respect as to say:

-In various interviews he's said Floyd is the best fighter in the world P4P and that would be a dream fight for him.
        So why not just take that for what it is and let them get on with it? Boxers mention other boxers. PBF mentions Hatton, Hattons mentions PBF more because he is currently the top dog. Its been happening for years and years, there is nothing more sinister to it than what it appears on the surface.

Comment

He also notices how Floyd turned his attention to other things. He's basically just attention whoring.
          Possibly. I just thought that Mayweather was his hero and he just eats, dreams, and ****s Mayweather all the time. There's nothing wrong with having a great fighter like Mayweather as your idol...

Comment

LOL!!! I think you have a point though. He keeps mentioning Mayweather as much as Witter calls him out.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
              Possibly. I just thought that Mayweather was his hero and he just eats, dreams, and ****s Mayweather all the time. There's nothing wrong with having a great fighter like Mayweather as your idol...
              Ricky would make Floyd quit on his stool.
              Trust me...

Comment

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
                It IS because Maywhether is the top fighter in that division and because Hatton wants to fight him.
                Mayweather isn't even his division. He's 2 divisions up right now. That's like Pacquiao talking about Hatton. It makes no sense, especially since Ricky has shown he doesn't want to stick around at 147 to make the fight...

Comment

i think hatton wants to deep throat him and hug his nuts...

Comment

Ricky would make Floyd quit on his stool.
                    Trust me...
                    If Castillo couldn't do it in his prime, I don't see how Hatton could...

Comment

Working...
                    X