Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Monthly magazine to be discontinued

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed media just isn't big anymore. I've watched boxing as a massive fan since the early 90's and I've never even heard of this magazine. This magazine going is hardly an indicator that boxing is dying. It's different times now anyway, when Mike Tyson fought bums in front of millions of viewers back then, there wasn't much else for anyone to do, now there is. Netflix, computers, people would rather be on them than accepting for mismatches like they used to. When there's a big fight, people watch. They just won't watch fights like Tyson vs Peter Mcneeley in these times and accept it.
    Gameysquirrel Gameysquirrel likes this.

Comment

Not a bad magazine, may even still have a few editions from the mid-00s. Haven't bought it for years though.

Comment

My local library used to carry these magazines and I would spend hours reading them...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Those bastards! They killed it to keep Boxing News going!
          But, if I'm forced to pick one mag to survive, it's Boxing News.
          The #1, even more important than The Ring when papers ruled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post

But, if I'm forced to pick one mag to survive, it's Boxing News.
            The #1, even more important than The Ring when papers ruled.

The Ring is on it's last leg, should be gone in a year or two I predict.

Comment

I still find The Ring mag good reading, but I'm afraid you're right.
              The price has been raised, the pages are fewer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post

I still find The Ring mag good reading, but I'm afraid you're right.
                The price has been raised, the pages are fewer.
                Eventually it will go all digital if anything. Not enough money to be made from the print version.

Comment

I have not purchased anything recently but I have read lots of well-written articles yesterday. These articles were very surprising and informative to read LCD screen replacement you can also read them by visiting this website. Here is a huge variety of content on different topics like Fashion, technology, business, and other things. I was just wandering and finding some good websites and then I found this website accidentally. I was surprised by the content. Must visit this website if you also want to know more and more about anything
                  Last edited by smurtgen56; 10-29-2022, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    A real shame. They were great at what they did.

Sounds like they've been running on empty for a few years now, and the magazine being taken out of the shops due to the coronavirus epidemic may of just been the final nail in the coffin for the magazine.
                    I've bought boxing monthly a few times. The one I subscribe to now and like more though is ringside seat. It's a online paid subscription 4 x a year. A few of the ex ring writers now run it.

Chrismart Chrismart likes this.

Comment

I suscribed to it until recently, but the last price hike and fewer pages was the final straw.

Comment

Working...
                      X