Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's basically Nikolai Valuev with no stamina, a glass chin and shorter. He won't even reach domestic level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
      When was the last time a boring fighter regularly selling 1 mill PPV buys?
      Personally I'm a fan, but seemingly a lot of fans find Floyd Maywether boring.

Floyd acquired an audience through other means. And I'd argue Joshua might as well be doing that in the future cuz that mfer looks like a superhero or some such sh^t.

Comment

Juicin J and Windmill Wilder just need to fight already

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          Horrible, HORRIBLE one dimensional fighter. Slow, flat footed, unimaginative, stiff as a board, overall very difficult to watch.

Could never bring myself to watch one of his fights in one take, including the Klitschko one. I thought Klitschko - Fury was far more interesting contrarily to popular opinion.
          Only clowns like you think he is horrible but he is winning in style. Bolo.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            Only clowns like you think he is horrible but he is winning in style. Bolo.
            Typical low IQ post.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
              Typical low IQ post.
              Poor assimilation.

Comment

Judging his career as a whole no, he's delivered a lot of big knockouts so he can't be considered "boring". I do kind of see why people might think this though. Even though he's a big puncher with fairly fast hands for a heavyweight who punches will in combination, his technique isn't particularly flashy, mostly just textbook 1-2s with the occasional standard hook or uppercut. He doesn't have the same kind flair or unique style that popular KO kings like Roy Jones or Mike Tyson get remembered for. Still, even if it's not especially blinged-up, at the end of the day he's still hitting with power and putting almost everybody they put in front of him away, which is always going to be worth seeing. I will say though, when he doesn't deliver a big knockout, like against Parker or the UK stoppage he got against Takam, he looks really unimpressive. Not *bad* exactly, but very bland. Those fights vindicated some of his critics who say he fights like a robot.

Comment

No i think when he fights people who come to fight he is really exciting.

Comment

the takam and parker fights were against 2 guys who just tried to survive im sure if he fights wilder it will be a real exciting fight especially seeing his big stiff body laying on the canvas as hearn leaves via the fire escape door

Comment

He's pretty cautious at times and his last against Parker was a little dull, but overall Joshua is pretty exciting fighter.

His personality on the other hand is boring as hell, but he has knockouts and a top nation behind him so he doesn't need charisma to sell.

Comment

Working...
                      X