No announcement yet.

Pac/Floyd investigation, documented punches (disputed rounds) blow by blow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    First three rounds: this is the most I am willing to do. Time stamping no. Keeping track of too many things takes me out of the context I feel is fair. Stopping the action after every punch is not how scoring works.

Round by round first three. Not viewed in slow motion.

Round 1 Mayweather He landed better quality shots a couple of hard ones. One on the chin, the other on the chest.

Round 2 Mayweather.
    In the clinches Mayweather lands body shots while Manny waited for Bayless to break them. Floyd road Manny's neck down. Bayless warned him. In the clinches Floyd it hitting PAC in the body. Manny comes forward but not being very effective overall. He did land one good body/chest shot on Floyd.

Round 3 I gave to PAC for being more effective. I though Bayless was to kind to Floyd. He had PAC in a headlock and landed a good body shot. I don't give Floyd credit for that shot and think Bayless didn't warn him properly. Floyd pushes the limits.

Note: I can see how The second round can go either way, as could the third. But this is just my opinion.
    Cool Zaroku, your analysis is not that detailed, but mentioning seeing round 2 can go either way shows how easily a home town boy can get round 2, but round 3 you have been on record to say it was a clear Pac round don't flip flop about it.

The first round was a Mayweather round even the author didn't have to make a video about it.

First 3 rounds, based on your analysis.. Since the 2nd Round can go either way..

The score should be

A. 2-1 Pac

Or

B. 2-1 Floyd

Since round 2 can go either way

All this thread is exposing is that in that night of boxing. Nothing was concluded. Floyd didn't make an airtight case he won it. As it shows Pac has legs to say he won it too.

A 2nd fight would have been nice, but they are old and the expiration date has long past it.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 02-09-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      Cool Zaroku, your analysis is not that detailed, but mentioning seeing round 2 can go either way shows how easily a home town boy can get round 2, but round 3 you have been on record to say it was a clear Pac round don't flip flop about it.

The first round was a Mayweather round even the author didn't have to make a video about it.

First 3 rounds, based on your analysis.. Since the 2nd Round can go either way..

The score should be

A. 2-1 Pac

Or

B. 2-1 Floyd

Since round 2 can go either way

All this thread is exposing is that in that night of boxing. Nothing was concluded. Floyd didn't make an airtight case he won it. As it shows Pac has legs to say he won it too.

A 2nd fight would have been nice, but they are old and the expiration date has long past it.
      That is exactly my position. I am not flip flopping. I merely mentioned that I can see how other boxing fans can see it either way.

You see Spoon, I don't ever have to be right, we just got to be right. I am not doing slow motion, I am not listening to commentary at all. No sound. But I think no sound takes away from the sound of the thuds when punches land.

In my attempt to be fair it may appear to you I am flip flopping. I am getting irritated with Bayless for taking his sweet time to stop Floyd from hugging. Floyd did land a great low blow which I am not scoring.

Comment

That is exactly my position. I am not flip flopping. I merely mentioned that I can see how other boxing fans can see it either way.

You see Spoon, I don't ever have to be right, we just got to be right. I am not doing slow motion, I am not listening to commentary at all. No sound. But I think no sound takes away from the sound of the thuds when punches land.

In my attempt to be fair it may appear to you I am flip flopping. I am getting irritated with Bayless for taking his sweet time to stop Floyd from hugging. Floyd did land a great low blow which I am not scoring.
        Don't you think you should penalize Floyd from all that intentional hugging?

You've been convinced round 3 is a Pac round. Saying it can go either way changes your old position. I think if you want integrity at your side. You shouldn't flip flop about that round. You called it. You meant it.

Comment

You've been convinced round 3 is a Pac round. Saying it can go either way changes your old position. I think if you want integrity at your side. You shouldn't flip flop about that round. You called it. You meant it.
          If I were Bayless, I would have called time, the told Floyd this is a real warning, for the headlock and body shot. But I have been saying this all along. If I were manny I would have hit Floyd in his balls.

Comment

I think Manny won the third round, but I can see it going the other way, no change in position. Stop with the paranoia. Manny wins third for Zaroku.

Comment

If I were Bayless, I would have called time, the told Floyd this is a real warning, for the headlock and body shot. But I have been saying this all along. If I were manny I would have hit Floyd in his balls.
              Good call chap. That's how a fair ref would do it at the early rounds, but what about the middle and late rounds if Floyd's still did all those hugging what would you do if you were the ref?

Comment

• Do you really think half a dozen (at best) Pacquiao fans swearing up and down Manny didn't lose is holding off reality? Somehow if just a few of us pretend Floyd didn't win, then Floyd never really won? The world has kept turning despite yours being utterly shattered.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Do you really think a half dozen (at best) Pacquiao fans swearing up and down Manny didn't lose is somehow holding off reality? Somehow if just a few of us pretend Floyd didn't win, then Floyd never really won. The world has kept turning despite yours being utterly shattered.
                  54,000 views.. Shows boxing fans want answers. Why so affected?
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 02-09-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

54,000 views.. Shows boxing fans want answers. Why so affected?
                    4.4 million PPV buys domestically. 54,000 views in nine months.

The outrage is real!

Comment

Good call chap. That's how a fair ref would do it at the early rounds, but what about the middle and late rounds if Floyd's still did all those hugging what would you do if you were the ref?
                      Will do three more rounds later. The first three are in the books, so to speak. My books at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X