Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good Hearn card coming up! who you got and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

Thoughts lads?.
    Who are sat with Fury and Joshua in hat sig photo ? One of those is Nelsen right, is this from Sky. Who else is sat around that table ?

Fury wearing white tennis socks with shoes and a suit lol, that guy is such a moron.

Comment

Taking a tune up to face Kevin ' I throw three punches a fight ' Johnson is pretty poor, dude ain't coming out of his shell all night, i thought this was a tune up to a serious credible huge summer fight against a marketable opponent.gonna be an epic mouth watering affair this one ....

Has their been any talk of Joshua vs Fury recently ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        Taking a tune up to face Kevin ' I throw three punches a fight ' Johnson is pretty poor, dude ain't coming out of his shell all night, i thought this was a tune up to a serious credible huge summer fight against a marketable opponent.gonna be an epic mouth watering affair this one ....

Has their been any talk of Joshua vs Fury recently ?
        I think it's a tune/stay busy due to his injury keeping him out of the ring.

Johnson is a legit opponent for this stage in his career, not sure why you are slating him tbh

Comment

Good to see a Hearn card where you can make a legit case for either fighter winning in most of the fights. I usually find with Hearn cards they look good on paper but they're very easy to pick if you don't have an agenda. Hes good at making rather clear cut wins look like 50/50s.

Have to go with Linares but as always I worry about his chin and proneness to cutting. He is simply better in every area and far too fast and skilled.
          Both shown vulnerabilities but I'll go with the boxer I personally believe is more consistent and frankly 2-3 levels above in terms of skill and ability. Not that I think Mitchell is bad I just think Linares is one of the best boxers in the sport.

Not seen much of Gradovich. They appear around the same level from what I have. I picture it'll be a very close fight maybe 7-5 with Selby getting a controversial nod.

Joshua wipes the floor with safety pin Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Good to see a Hearn card where you can make a legit case for either fighter winning in most of the fights. I usually find with Hearn cards they look good on paper but they're very easy to pick if you don't have an agenda. Hes good at making rather clear cut wins look like 50/50s.

Have to go with Linares but as always I worry about his chin and proneness to cutting. He is simply better in every area and far too fast and skilled.
            Both shown vulnerabilities but I'll go with the boxer I personally believe is more consistent and frankly 2-3 levels above in terms of skill and ability. Not that I think Mitchell is bad I just think Linares is one of the best boxers in the sport.

Not seen much of Gradovich. They appear around the same level from what I have. I picture it'll be a very close fight maybe 7-5 with Selby getting a controversial nod.

Joshua wipes the floor with safety pin Johnson.
            Gradovic is a decent world level fighter, but nothing special.

He is a high workrate brawler with reasonably quick hands. Personally i think Selby will have to step up from what he has been doing if hes going to win, but he has shown the potential to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              I think it's a tune/stay busy due to his injury keeping him out of the ring.

Johnson is a legit opponent for this stage in his career, not sure why you are slating him tbh
              I don't feel any credible world challenger needs a tune up to face Johnson, Johnson is the kinda guy you use as a tune up. I'm not slating Johnson as a pick at this stage of his career, he needs the Guinn's, Zavorotnyi's and Johnson's of the boxing world to harness and tune his skills and 10-12 round conditioning. I was questioning him taking a tune up,that said I had forgot he was injured. Still though Johnson represents no danger whatsoever.

I was asking who he is likely to fight this summer Ashe had been touted for a big fight, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                I don't feel any credible world challenger needs a tune up to face Johnson, Johnson is the kinda guy you use as a tune up. I'm not slating Johnson as a pick at this stage of his career, he needs the Guinn's, Zavorotnyi's and Johnson's of the boxing world to harness and tune his skills and 10-12 round conditioning. I was questioning him taking a tune up,that said I had forgot he was injured. Still though Johnson represents no danger whatsoever.

I was asking who he is likely to fight this summer Ashe had been touted for a big fight, right ?
                I think this is Joshua's first proper step up and him and his team can't afford to eff it up. Makes sense if there's time to get a quick tune up in.

Johnson might be lazy and perform poorly a lot of the time, but he still does everything better than all of Aj's other opponents so far

Comment

Now we should include Brook vs Frankie Gavin too.

I had a look in Boxrec, and Chakiev vs Dmytro Kucher is also included in the bill.

Pretty interesting card, isn't it?

Comment

Good card, i'm looking forward to it.

Mitchell Vs Linares : Suppose it depends on which version of both fighters show up. I think it will be a good fight, which Linares wins by late stoppage.

Brook Vs Gavin : Brook late stoppage

Ryder Vs Blackwell : Ryder on points. Around 8-4.

Gradovich Vs Selby : Selby in a close fight. 7-5.

Joshua Vs Johnson : A good/vital learning fight for Joshua. I think he will get the late stoppage and be the 1st to stop Johnson.

Comment

I might actually go. Think the brits will sweep this

Comment

Working...
                      X