Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: The Management Advice Column

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should drop back down to lightweight, he was a beast in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by heavyhands702 View Post
      broner needs to get rid of his trainer for one and hire roger mayweather and train with him full time and work on his defensive techniques like slipping punches and countering from the shell. if he plans to use floyds style then he needs to work on it 110% and try to come close to perfecting that style. Also he needs to learn to let his hands go and not wait to see what his opponent is going to do. i would have him go down to 140lb and work his way back up to 147.
      He hurt Maidana a couple of times - I think his offense is fine (countering from the shell, 1-2, left hook) but he needs to add the jab to the body.....he also needs the confidence to STOP BACKING STRAIGHT BACK and learn to DUCK punches....move his feet more to get left and right, instead of pushing off whenever his space is compromised....he got lazy standing there catching punches his whole career - Maidana started catching that body with vicious hooks, and those punches started adding up EARLY.

Comment

Mayweather says May 3rd he should fight a solid guy at 140 on his undercard .
        http://www.fighthype.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

Comment

Some good additional posts....thanks.

My gut instinct is that resolving the PR-problem must be a priority for AB and very much like the ring team and overall training situation; it genuinely surprised me as to how amateurishly this side of Adrien's affairs are handled.

Here's a box office world champ, with the finances and charisma to ensure he should be able to project himself in a positive way and generate good headlines (that will in turn create income) but the whole set-up was Palookaville shambolic. Where was the advice and was anyone half-qualified on hand to actually give it?

If you get showered with garbage after playing your part in a hard 12-round championship fight; then something is fundamentally, badly askew.

Comment

Rule #1. Don't put him in with anyone too good!

Comment

Working...
            X