No announcement yet.

Why are the Mexicans afraid of Pac Man?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPW
    possible but it may be that Eric is too big for Manny who lets face it isnt really a superfeather yet. EWill the extra weight nagate manny's power and add to Morales own? Will the bigger man be able to make it tell on the inside, I dont see Pacman stopping morales, bloke's got a granite chin. I can however see morales stopping Pacman whose chin is much less than granite.

tough one to call its gonna be a great fight but morales TKO 9.
    Let me tell you one thing about Manny. He fights closer to 130 during fight night. So as far as the weight being a concern, it's nothing new to him. I even read somewhere that Roach was planning for him to enter the ring at lower than 130, and thus, he's going in there with the same speed he had before. That's why I said he'll be comfortable fighting at superfeather. That’s his biggest advantage over Erik – blazing foot and hand speed and it won’t be negated.

With regards to power, I think he'll be packing an even bigger punch with the minimal weight gain, and this time with more weapons in his arsenal, specially with the right hand, which he and Roach had been developing for the Marquez rematch. So this time, he’s gonna be dishing out powershots with both hands. Erik on the other hand has, as of late, been allowing his fights to go the distance. His only KO notched at superfeather was against a chinny and second-rate Espadas. We all know during his last fight that he didn’t hurt MAB with his best punches, yet Pac was able to dominate and bludgeon the guy into submission. Still, Pac needs to be wary of Erik’s bombs, most specially that sneaky uppercut.

About the height advantage of Erik being a big factor, let’s all be honest and realistic here. Has anyone of you noticed in their pictures when they posed side-by-side how little the disparity really was in their sizes? It looked like Pac is only giving up at most an inch in height, which is not much considering Pac has been able to drop taller and heavier fighters than the lanky Morales. Style wise, this is a better match up for Pac then JMM was, and I think it’s a great opportunity for him to stamp his class even further.

Comment

ye at the press conference he said he'll probly come in a couple pounds under 130

Comment

Hopefully once Morales has fought Pac it will prompt JMM to go ahead with the rematch. Him putting it off for so long is finally starting to get to me; I dont think he's a coward and I do believe that he can win a decision against Pac if he fights smart, but apparently he is concerned quite a bit over it or he would be the one getting back in there with Pac instead of Morales. I think Morales wins this one by tko myself.

Comment

yea good point it seem the height of morales isnt as big as some people thought...

Comment

I Dont Think They R Afraid At All.why Should They? Its Not That They Going To Die If They Fight Pac,its Boxing And Everything Is Under Control.if It Was A Street Fight Or The Ufc Then That Is Different Story. I Think Jmm Say N Oportunity To Make More Money.he Sid Give Me 1.5 Mill. So They Can Settle At 1 Mill. He Bluffed And Lost. Erik Is Gonna Make 3 Mill. In This Fight. I Think The Rematch With Jmm Was Worth Them Paying What Juan Ask For We Were Al Going To Buy The Fight.promoters Got Greedy And Wanted To Make A Killing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal
              Let me tell you one thing about Manny. He fights closer to 130 during fight night. So as far as the weight being a concern, it's nothing new to him. I even read somewhere that Roach was planning for him to enter the ring at lower than 130, and thus, he's going in there with the same speed he had before. That's why I said he'll be comfortable fighting at superfeather. That’s his biggest advantage over Erik – blazing foot and hand speed and it won’t be negated.

With regards to power, I think he'll be packing an even bigger punch with the minimal weight gain, and this time with more weapons in his arsenal, specially with the right hand, which he and Roach had been developing for the Marquez rematch. So this time, he’s gonna be dishing out powershots with both hands. Erik on the other hand has, as of late, been allowing his fights to go the distance. His only KO notched at superfeather was against a chinny and second-rate Espadas. We all know during his last fight that he didn’t hurt MAB with his best punches, yet Pac was able to dominate and bludgeon the guy into submission. Still, Pac needs to be wary of Erik’s bombs, most specially that sneaky uppercut.

About the height advantage of Erik being a big factor, let’s all be honest and realistic here. Has anyone of you noticed in their pictures when they posed side-by-side how little the disparity really was in their sizes? It looked like Pac is only giving up at most an inch in height, which is not much considering Pac has been able to drop taller and heavier fighters than the lanky Morales. Style wise, this is a better match up for Pac then JMM was, and I think it’s a great opportunity for him to stamp his class even further.

First off you dont need to tell me about Manny Ive seen him fight a dozen times.

Secondly jeez you carry on like Manny is the only fighter who boils down to the weight and puts it back on in between weigh in and fight night, how much do you think morales is gonna come in at a lot more 130 I can assure you, for example Injin Chi lost 24 pounds in the run up to hs fight Michael Brodie last year, 24 ****ing pounds, he was coming in the ring come fight night closer to lightweight than feather.

Its nothing new mate all fighters do it and if you cant see that Morales is the naturally bigger man, then well hey guess you are blinded by bias..
              Last edited by J !; 01-27-2005, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
                First off you dont need to tell me about Manny Ive seen him fight a dozen times.

Secondly jeez you carry on like Manny is the only fighter who boils down to the weight and puts it back on in between weigh in and fight night, how much do you think morales is gonna come in at a lot more 130 I can assure you, for example Injin Chi lost 24 pounds in the run up to hs fight Michael Brodie last year, 24 ****ing pounds, he was coming in the ring come fight night closer to lightweight than feather.

Its nothing new mate all fighters do it and if you cant see that Morales is the naturally bigger man, then well hey guess you are blinded by bias..
                Look at your post that I quoted before and you'll see that you had some relevant questions in there that I was just trying to answer. I'm not trying to lecture you in any way, mate. I'm just giving my own opinion as possible answers to those queries of yours so there's no need for you to fly off the handle. I'm not dictating or forcing you to accept what I believe. You have your own opinion about these fighters and that's fine with me, but so have I.

I'm not saying Morales is not naturally bigger because HE IS. There is no argument there. What I meant was he's not so overly huge, IMHO, to give Pac problems. It would take a more noticeable disparity in height than what was evident in the photos I mentioned for it to be a factor in favor of Erik.

I think Morales would be stupid to come in the ring way above 130. He needs all the speed he can squeeze at that weight class and I believe he's better off fighting Pac near the limit. If he bloats up after the weigh-in to his usual fighting weight, than I honestly think it’s gonna post more of a problem for him, rather than Pac. Like I said, Pac is going to come in closer to his fighting weight, and that was my only point - nothing else - to explain that there would be no speed loss as a result of weight issues that you mentioned.

What's was so biased about that?

Comment

ok fair point and well made maybe i took you wrong way, i wasnt flying off the handle though....i dont do that its pointless!!!

Getting back to the discussion, Im not so sure, Morales will have a target weight to come into the ring I think he will be somewhat heavier than 130, probably another five or six pounds on top. I also do think you are being totally one sided towards pac in saying that he will be more comfortable at the weight, Morales has boxed at Super feather a five or so times, Pac never in fact only 3 times at feather . So thats blatently bollox.
                  Morales isnt gonna out speed pac who as you rightly point out his handspeed and footspeed are far superior to Eric. However I think this fight is gonna come down to who out thinks the other, who finds a way to sort the opponent out. I just give morales the edge, I dont think we should take Barrera as a yardstick, as MAB EM is just one of those match ups where form goes out the window, such ios the history and hatred between the two.

Gonna be an interesting night though. Im gonna stick wit Morales late ko.(9)
                  Last edited by J !; 01-27-2005, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Well I could make a case about MAB-EM 3 being MAB’s first fight at superfeather but that’s all moot since he now holds the belts.

You’re right, EM is a BETTER BOXER than Pac but not a BETTER FIGHTER. EM is the more technically sound of the two (JMM imho is still tops) and naturally gifted with ring smarts than Manny is and his only problem I think is that he tends to box near the level of his opponents rather than at his full abilities. Well that’s another one of my opinions and I don’t know if anyone else would agree, but that’s what I’ve noticed about his fights. He also has the penchant to brawl when he gets hit and I think that’s just what Manny wants him to do.

Manny on the other hand isn't known to have the best technical skills. He usually takes a fight by brute force as he is naturally gifted with power and speed, something Erik also has but to a lesser degree. So I agree that it would be a very interesting match-up to watch. Both fighters are elite and would definitely put on a great show (I hope FOTY standard) but I still believe Manny would get the W.

Pac by TKO mid-to-late rounds. (7)

Comment

yeah but MAB had been fighting at feather for years! and as i said EM vs MAB is just one of them fights.......................

anyway we can debate the weight issue til we are blue in the face I guess we will find out soon enough, enjoy the fight and nice chatitng to ya

Comment

Working...
                      X