No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. David Haye: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safin View Post
    Do you really think that Fury is going to come in with his hands down against Haye, especially with Peter in his corner? Absolutely no chance.

And the fight against Chisora was 2 years ago. Fury has certainly improved physically and technically since then.
    A thousand times this. People are making the same mistake that they are making with Maidana facing Broner. Not giving either of them the benefit of the doubt that they are serious about their craft and have gotten better as they should, judging someone after a fight two years ago is ridiculous. If you walked into my gym and said"Hey man I saw you in a fight two years ago I know your weaknesses and will tune you up!" I would literally laugh in your face. Who I was in the ring 9 months ago is a shadow of who I am now, nevermind two whole years, and a true serious professional even moreso. I have always lived my life by the saying "you either get better or you get worse", and if i'm not getting worse, a lowly amateur, Tyson with Peter behind him sure isn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      A thousand times this. People are making the same mistake that they are making with Maidana facing Broner. Not giving either of them the benefit of the doubt that they are serious about their craft and have gotten better as they should, judging someone after a fight two years ago is ridiculous. If you walked into my gym and said"Hey man I saw you in a fight two years ago I know your weaknesses and will tune you up!" I would literally laugh in your face. Who I was in the ring 9 months ago is a shadow of who I am now, nevermind two whole years, and a true serious professional even moreso. I have always lived my life by the saying "you either get better or you get worse", and if i'm not getting worse, a lowly amateur, Tyson with Peter behind him sure isn't either.
      I hope you're right but I don't see a high skill level and I don't see tremendous improvement. Take a look at Tyson Fury and then look at Mike Tyson. Ok, no comparison. How about Fury v Frank Bruno? I'll take Bruno. Ok, then how about Buster Douglas or Ruddock or even Franz Botha or Andrew Golota?

I would take everyone of them over Tyson Fury. And all (except Botha) easily over Haye.

I would love Fury to win. I will root for him to win. I will pay money and go to the bar to see him fight. But I don't think he has the skills to take Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Safin View Post
        Do you really think that Fury is going to come in with his hands down against Haye, especially with Peter in his corner? Absolutely no chance.

And the fight against Chisora was 2 years ago. Fury has certainly improved physically and technically since then.
        Didn't Fury talk about weaknesses in Haye based on the Thompson fight? Lol. That was 10 years ago!

Basically, Fury is not ready yet. He's a talent yes, but tbh nowhere near big enough to beat an established world class fighter. The difference will show on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          If you talk relative to weight and other punchers in the division, I'd say he was more powerful at CW. Pure power, of course more at heavy,
          Yeah I thought I hadn't made that very clear after writing it.

I was refering to pure power with extra weight. Relative to others and at CW you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Didn't Fury talk about weaknesses in Haye based on the Thompson fight? Lol. That was 10 years ago!

Basically, Fury is not ready yet. He's a talent yes, but tbh nowhere near big enough to beat an established world class fighter. The difference will show on the night.
            As Tyson said, he was simply following Haye's initial premise.

Comment

Comment

Haye is just in a completely different class to fury. The only way I see fury winning this is if hayes not at his best and fury plays really dirty and gets away with it (shoving, holding and hitting) coz that way he could really use his size as an advantage but haye plays dirty too with all his rabbit punching. Odds are furys getting floored before round 3, I don't think theres anyone here who believes fury can take a right hand from haye, I think theres a good chance he will be out cold in the first

Comment

It's weird that Fury gets more chin talk than Haye even though he hasn't been put down more than Haye. I think both guys are prone to getting knocked down but they both recover well and I don't think either have bad chins. I do think Haye's a different class of athelete and I pick him.

Comment

Comment

I want Fury to win because I'm enjoying his banter.

But back in the real world, anyone with half a brain cell knows Haye is going to vaporise him.

Comment

Working...
                      X