No announcement yet.

Evans, Campbell and Joshua. The long, long wait

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    I don't think Cammaralle had him "hurt pretty bad" at all.

He landed some big power shots but Joshua took them alright, and Joshua hit Cammarale with shots that hurt him at least as bad, and he's not chinny. Those same shots destroyed David Price who IS chinny.

Medzhidov did rock him a couple of times (not 10 lol) but it was a toe to toe war and the inexperienced Joshua let himself get dragged into it.

I don't think you can say he's got weak whiskers, I think they are at least ok, his defence has been utter **** though and he gives away his height and gets into brawls, but that's his inexperience of a young kid against men like Medzhidov and Cammarale who are a lot older and for some reason still hiding in the amateurs

I'll tell you one thing right now for free, Joshua will be a MUCH better pro than David Price.
    Medzhidov is 26 and has only been boxing for a similar amount of time that Joshua has, around 5 years yet no one mentions that he was a late starter either. Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Medzhidov is 26 and has only been boxing for a similar amount of time that Joshua has, around 5 years yet no one mentions that he was a late starter either. Funny.
      In which case feel free to hype Medzhidov as much as we do Joshua?

Both Joshua and Medzhidov could have success at pro level

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Mytrofanov is more than decent, he's rather beastly.
        I agree with this, ive followed Mytrofanov since the Evans fight. He's got a wicked bob n weave style, quick hands and good power. I hope to see him turn pro soon with Lomachenko and Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          In which case feel free to hype Medzhidov as much as we do Joshua?

Both Joshua and Medzhidov could have success at pro level
          Exactly.......

Comment

I think Joshua is hands down the most talented up and comer heavyweight.

Riddick Bowe was also heavily scrutinized and doubted when he first entered the boxing game. He still managed to obtain a very high level of success.

Joshua is not quite as talented as Bowe but his ceiling is pretty damn high. People forget that he won the vast majority of his 'round 3's in the amateurs (even in the Olympics). It shows that he have that championship level mindset. Not to mention he was on his way to stopping that 6'8 Vitali Clone... in brutal fashion if the fight had gone 6 rounds instead of 3. That old Italian looked down by the end of round 3 as well.

Savon is a stylistic counter, Joshua will do well to 'duck' him. Luckily for Joshua, the only thing you have to do to 'duck' Savon is basically start fighting without a helmet.

I will pick Joshua to KO Seth Mitchell within 6 fights. Easily too. Give Joshua 6 journeymen to fight.. and on his 7th fight I will bet the house he will brutally knock out Seth Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by KidGalvain View Post
              I think Joshua is hands down the most talented up and comer heavyweight.

Riddick Bowe was also heavily scrutinized and doubted when he first entered the boxing game. He still managed to obtain a very high level of success.

Joshua is not quite as talented as Bowe but his ceiling is pretty damn high. People forget that he won the vast majority of his 'round 3's in the amateurs (even in the Olympics). It shows that he have that championship level mindset. Not to mention he was on his way to stopping that 6'8 Vitali Clone... in brutal fashion if the fight had gone 6 rounds instead of 3. That old Italian looked down by the end of round 3 as well.

Savon is a stylistic counter, Joshua will do well to 'duck' him. Luckily for Joshua, the only thing you have to do to 'duck' Savon is basically start fighting without a helmet.

I will pick Joshua to KO Seth Mitchell within 6 fights. Easily too. Give Joshua 6 journeymen to fight.. and on his 7th fight I will bet the house he will brutally knock out Seth Mitchell.
              I reckon you're way off with your analysis of Joshua, you don't even know how well he takes a punch so suggesting he could beat Mitchell in his 6th fight is a bit pre-mature.

He hasn't exhibited anything that makes me think he's special, regardless of experience, he's quite basic. I think it's more a case of you underrating Mitchell and becoming hype-intoxicated with Joshua, which is why hype-job is synonymous with our boxers.

Comment

Looks like Luke has made his choice (and about time too) and Hearn is (unsurprisingly) the man.

His promoter option was largely academic (considering the immense power Hearn weilds now) but I still think it is critically important that Luke picks the right trainer and I am hoping the Tibbs family or Rob McCracken get the call.

I rate Campbell, and don't prescribe to the belief that he's doomed to have an amateur style and has left it too late to be a top-classs little man.

He's young enough and tall enough to be a very decent featherweight and my big hope is that he gets on the road and teams-up with a top-level trainer who makes him live and breathe the business.

If he does that....Eddie will keep the opportunities and pound notes rolling in.

Comment

Working...
                X