No announcement yet.

My thoughts on David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    i said that right uppercut would get Price in trouble against a crafty vet and identified Thompson's hook as the danger-shot (he has the strong southpaw right hook of a converted orthodox fighter, which it turns out he is).

Price is deeply mediocre, the only thing that stands out about him is his power (and even that is way overrated). if you were such a guru of the domestic scene, you would've called that by now. instead, you offered waffling volumes about how bad Fury is and how much more talented and skilled Price is, which tells me that you couldn't spot talent and skill, or deficiencies thereof, if your life depended on it. you weren't alone, though - plenty other clueless boobs were spouting similar garbage.
    You should read the thread mr Mize has already been through this... congrats on sounding like a condescending a-hole though

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      You should read the thread mr Mize has already been through this... congrats on sounding like a condescending a-hole though
      i read his lame posts. the point is, anyone who spent so much time talking about Price being more talented and skilled than Fury seriously needs to learn something about the mechanics and finer points of this sport, especially if they want to spend so much time projecting some kind of domestic boxing guru aura.

this isn't a hindsight thing. i've been screaming it for a year. Price is mediocre as hell, doesn't possess near as much potential as Fury. everything i said would happen happened.

bunch of KO's over very limited opposition, some decent punching power, idiots always buy into that ****.

how many times did i point to Fury rising from the deck and fighting back to win when idiots pointed to him being knocked down by Pajkic? about as many times as i said that Price didn't have it in him to survive when he eventually (inevitably) got in trouble.

intangibly and technically, Fury takes a giant dump on Price.
      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Lmaoooooo @ all the clowns who bought into the great anglo-saxon hope.

Comment

David Price = Top 10 ATG Brit hypejob, lolol

Comment

***** badman having it large, about to light up NYC, gayass David Price and all his anglo-saxon buttmunching fanboys in their backyard by a sloppy 42 y/o, Pricey's world class pretensions obliterated lolololol

Comment

i read his lame posts. the point is, anyone who spent so much time talking about Price being more talented and skilled than Fury seriously needs to learn something about the mechanics and finer points of this sport, especially if they want to spend so much time projecting some kind of domestic boxing guru aura.

this isn't a hindsight thing. i've been screaming it for a year. Price is mediocre as hell, doesn't possess near as much potential as Fury. everything i said would happen happened.

bunch of KO's over very limited opposition, some decent punching power, idiots always buy into that ****.

how many times did i point to Fury rising from the deck and fighting back to win when idiots pointed to him being knocked down by Pajkic? about as many times as i said that Price didn't have it in him to survive when he eventually (inevitably) got in trouble.

intangibly and technically, Fury takes a giant dump on Price.
              I also happen to think that Fury is the more fluid boxer, at least since he got into shape. But its only been in the last few fights that Fury has shown the potential he does now, when he was out of shape he looked clumsy and awkward in the ring, far more so than Price. Remember him falling all around the ring against Mcdermot? No need to act like some kind of boxing prophet because you were right about something.

By the way i wouldnt be so confident over Furys chin either. If i remember rightly feather fisted Chisora had Fury doing a merry dance around the ring a couple times. Im sure there were others im not remembering as well. Granted the way Fury keeps his chin tucked and fights behind the jab will limit who can get to it but still...

Comment

Lmaoooooo @ all the clowns who bought into the great anglo-saxon hope.
                David Price = Top 10 ATG Brit hypejob, lolol
                ***** badman having it large, about to light up NYC, gayass David Price and all his anglo-saxon buttmunching fanboys in their backyard by a sloppy 42 y/o, Pricey's world class pretensions obliterated lolololol
                are you high?

Comment

difference is, Fury survived in those fights and he was taking much more. he may have vulnerabilities, but he has far greater survival instincts and fighting will than Price.

and Luke's athletic ability was always apparent, even when he was a tub of lard. it shouldn't have been that hard to perceive the litheness that would be fully revealed when the fat was rolled back, especially if one had followed him from am days. if nothing else, the extraordinary handspeed/fluidity (for a man his size) should have been obvious to even a lay observer.

prophet? damn straight, thanks.
                  Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-25-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

difference is, Fury survived in those fights and he was taking much more. he may have vulnerabilities, but he has far greater survival instincts and fighting will than Price.

and Luke's athletic ability was always apparent, even when he was a tub of lard. it shouldn't have been that hard to perceive the litheness that would be fully revealed when the fat was rolled back, especially if one had followed him from am days. if nothing else, the extraordinary handspeed/fluidity (for a man his size) should have been obvious to even a lay observer.

prophet? damn straight, thanks.
                    Price never got to show his survival instincts or his fighting will because it was waved off (rightly), but he did get up and wanted to carry on so i would not question his will just yet.

Thing is Furys 'extraordinary handspeed and fluidity' (bit superfluous there methinks) was most definitely not 'obvious' when he was a tub of lard. He was a very awkward straight up boxer with little power and was going to war with Mcdermot, Pajkic, overweight Chisora and other guys who werent that good. My grandma could have landed an overhand right on Fury back in the day.

Hes clearly improved leaps and bounds as his fitness has gotten better and he pays more attention to technique and defense. But lets not act like Fury was an up and coming Lennox Lewis becuase he wasnt.

Comment

Did you seriously just refer to him as 'Luke'?

Athletic ability doesn't win fights, ask Andre Berto. You point to times Fury was in trouble and him surviving them, but he was in trouble against opponents he shouldn't have been in trouble against.

Fury's tightened a few aspects of his game up and learnt how to jab but I'm not satisfied with his potential until he fights a man of his own size. Very well jabbing on the outside against a midget and his fast feet and hands allow him to get away with defensive flaws but how does he fair against bigger & better opposition.

Either way, neither man will amount to a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X