No announcement yet.

Enzo to spar with bellew, Clev - Groves + Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enzo to spar with bellew, Clev - Groves + Haye

NATHAN Cleverly and Tony Bellew have both lined up shock sparring partners ahead of their world title showdown in Liverpool.

Following their most fierce press conference to date, in which the police were called, both undefeated fighters revealed to the Argus the iden****** of their secret weapons for the WBO world light heavyweight crown.

Cefn Fforest fighter Cleverly is heading to London to spar with George Groves and former world heavyweight champion David Haye as he bids for the best possible preparation for their October 15 showdown in Liverpool.

And Bellew thinks he has gone one better, recruiting Cleverly’s former stablemate and friend Enzo Maccarinelli, which Cleverly admits to being upset about.

“I am heading to London for a sparring camp with George Groves and David Haye and I don’t really see how it can get any better than that,” he said.

“I see that Tony Bellew and Enzo Maccarinelli think they are being smart teaming up against me. Enzo was a friend of mine but that’s how it goes sometimes in boxing.

“Groves is a different league, a different class and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t upset about the situation with Enzo.

“It shows bitterness but they’ll probably hurt each other in sparring. They both struggle in that department so they’ll probably knock each other out.”

However, Bellew believes Macca-rinelli gives him a further edge in the battle in his hometown of Liverpool.

“Liverpool is going to be a cauldron, 10,000 people who believe in me and identify with me and want me to beat Nathan are going to help me do it,” he said.

“And I will be sparring with Enzo, he is a friend of mine and it is what it is, he knows Nathan as well as anyone and he wants me to beat him as much as I do.”

Yesterday’s press conference at the Marriott hotel once again ended with a screaming match, the police called after an incident involving Nathan’s father and trainer Vince.

“It’s crazy, the Cleverlys called the police and that is taking it too far, it’s a joke,” said Bellew

http://www.campaignseries.co.uk/spor...ty_will_count/

What is Enzo playing at? Used to root for him.

Jack bastard. They're all ****

“It shows bitterness but they’ll probably hurt each other in sparring. They both struggle in that department so they’ll probably knock each other out.”

lmao.

Comment

Seems like a pretty disloyal thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Seems like a pretty disloyal thing to do.
        They had fallen out but still they were all part of the Calzaghe camp at one point.

Comment

I don't get what Cleverly's problem is with Enzo sparring with Bellew. It's just sparring and i'm sure he's getting paid well for it. Can't hate a guy for trying to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Szczesny View Post
            I don't get what Cleverly's problem is with Enzo sparring with Bellew. It's just sparring and i'm sure he's getting paid well for it. Can't hate a guy for trying to eat?
            It would be almost as bad as Calzaghe sparring with Bellew.

Cleverly and Enzo were in the same gym together. Part of the same team. For Enzo to help someone where there is obviously bad blood already just puts oil on the fire.

Better off training with Groves and Haye. Will learn a lot more.

Comment

Enzo is really trying to get a shot at Clev too.

i guess pissing him off could either help or backfire on him.

I think it will backfire.

Comment

Working...
              X