No announcement yet.

North vs South: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell Official Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great fight !

pleased Mitchell won, world title fight next year !

Comment

did anyone take my advice n take mitchell in this fight?
      i had ££ on him odds at 11/8 , i knew he wa gunna win

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
        Make no mistake however, he IS NOT, and never will be a world champion, I feel.
        It might be too late for him now. But a lot of potential was there, a lot of key ingredients. He was talked into believing he was already at a level above where he actually was, and I've no doubt that was as big a factor in his complacency and taking his eye off the ball in regards to his preparation and mentality as any personal issues were.

It might not be practical, but he needs to be in America. A guy of his style will plateau in the UK, with the low standard of fundamental coaching available.

Mitchell didn't surprise me. He wasn't his sharpest, IMO, and he still has flaws in that defensive technique, but a guy of his ability had no business losing to Murray at all, even off-colour.

BTW, Watt proves himself an idiot yet again with this one. Talking about how surprised he was that kevin had that kind of a heart in him - anyone who's followed Kevin's career should already know that shortage of moxie has never been the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
          The insaneeeeeeeee value was the stoppage, man - between 5½/1 and 7/1 depending where you looked.

Murray's head stays there all night long and Mitchell hits hard, with good technique and accurately.

I love it when the hype makes for utterly ridiculous odds like that, see MargaritoT/KOCotto, MosleyT/KOMargarito, KatsidisT/KOMitchell, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
            It might be too late for him now. But a lot of potential was there, a lot of key ingredients. He was talked into believing he was already at a level above where he actually was, and I've no doubt that was as big a factor in his complacency and taking his eye off the ball in regards to his preparation and mentality as any personal issues were.

It might not be practical, but he needs to be in America. A guy of his style will plateau in the UK, with the low standard of fundamental coaching available.

Mitchell didn't surprise me. He wasn't his sharpest, IMO, and he still has flaws in that defensive technique, but a guy of his ability had no business losing to Murray at all, even off-colour.

BTW, Watt proves himself an idiot yet again with this one. Talking about how surprised he was that kevin had that kind of a heart in him - anyone who's followed Kevin's career should already know that shortage of moxie has never been the issue.
            Oh Watt was an absolute cunt, I couldn't bear to listen to him.

I was saying the same thing before the fight, Mitchell would benefit from doing a Khan, getting away from everything and fucking off to America, I just don't see that in his character, and see him self imploding sooner or later.....

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
              and see him self imploding sooner or later.....
              If so, we'll at least have Johanneson, Murray and Prescott, and maybe a couple others yet, to remember his potential by.

I've felt like Warren was selling Mitchell out for timeee, TBH, without wanting to make a boatload of excuses for Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                Laddies wanted to give me 9/2 for the Mitchell ko/tko/dq, betfred gave me 6/1. they offered 7/4 for mitchell outright but I just chose the ko/tko/dq. Laddies are robbing so and so's

Comment

Was quite impressed with Kev. He redeemed himself tonight (I honestly thought since the Kats loss he wouldn't be the same fighter, and taking into account his personal issues).

Fair play to the lad. He still has his flaws but I think he could develop into a decent fighter with a good trainer.

Comment

kev should have a fight in london next, then world title fight after that in 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                      Yup, I was all set to bet a big amount on Murray, but when I saw that you were picking Mitchell I decided to back Kev all the way to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                      X