No announcement yet.

Prizefighter International Heavyweights in London on May 7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
    Perez-Oquendo and Sprott-Fields are the most competitive and interesting matchups.

JC Gomez should beat Airich, and I think Johnson will defeat Tony.
    Perez vs Oquendo should be good hopefully Perez comes in shape.

Comment

I should be going to this, gonna be fun.

Comment

Perez got the toughest first fight. Johnson shouldn't have any problems with his opponent.

Will it be a Perez-Johnson semifinal if they both win?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
          Perez got the toughest first fight. Johnson shouldn't have any problems with his opponent.

Will it be a Perez-Johnson semifinal if they both win?
          No, the winner of Perez-Oquendo will fight the winner of Sprott-Fields.

Comment

from fight news:

Oquendo OUT of Prizefighter Tourny!

Friday, April 29, 2011.

Due to the death of 47 year old Wendall Granville long time friend and partner in his non-profit charity: Fres Oquendo Boxing Academy, Fres Oquendo, has decided to remove himself from the World Class International Competition. Oquendo, who was considered by many as a strong favorite to win the tournament, just received the news about his friends passing. "My first phone call was to WBA heavyweight champion David Haye to inform him of the news, He was extremely supportive and said the decision was up to Fres" said Oquendo's manager Tom Tsatas, Oquendo also has the full support and understanding of his promoters John Wirt of Square Ring Promotions and Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing.

"The sudden loss of a friend is devastating and I am in deep shock, Wendell, helped get me off the streets when I was a knucklehead and stuck with me through all the malaise of boxing for nearly 20 years all the way to helping me make the FOBA come to fruition. I feel I should to be here with his family and partake in any arrangements the family will make this upcoming week. I'd thank my friend, David Haye, and my team for their support" stated Oquendo.

Comment

That's too bad. I wonder who they'll get as a replacement, I'd like to see Tua in it but he's probably asking for too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                That's too bad. I wonder who they'll get as a replacement, I'd like to see Tua in it but he's probably asking for too much money.
                They'll have no problem finding a replacement, hopefully another decent heavyweight.

Comment

Son of a diddly. Just copped my ticket today. How about Eddie Chambers or Rahman?

Tua's fighting Barrett again isn't he?
                  Last edited by GRANDSLAM; 04-29-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

You know who I'd like to see in it? Julius Long.

He's not that good, but I'd be surprised if anyone top quality will step in at short notice. So I'd try and get Long just because I find it entertaining to see such a big guy in there.

Other possibilities: Seldon, Briggs, Mercer, McCline, Chazz Witherspoon, Bydenko, Minto, Golota, McCall, or one of the Brits who made things entertaining last time (like that 'The Fridge' Baker guy, he was good, or Coleman Barrett).

I know a lot of the names listed above will be uninterested, unavailable, unfit or unreachable. But maybe one of them will fancy it.

Comment

they should ask gbenga oloukun if he wins today! im sure gbenga would take it even though he has not much time to prepare!

Comment

Working...
                      X