Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those attending Groves vs DeGale at O2 Arena!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undercard confirmed!

Promoter, Frank Warren has put together an action-packed undercard for his massive show at the O2 Arena on Saturday 21st May.

The bill is headlined by two of the most anticipated fights this year, and will be shown live on Sky Box Office.

Topping the card is Welshman Nathan Cleverly's challenge for the WBO World Light-Heavyweight title against Germany's tough World champion, Jurgen Braehmer.

And James DeGale finally meets bitter rival George Groves in a mouth-watering grudge match to unify the British and Commonwealth Super-Middleweight titles.

Fight fans will also get to see 2007 Amateur World Champion Frankie Gavin in his first 12 round championship fight against Young Mutley as he looks to move up the world rankings and push himself to the fore front of British Boxing.

Gavin will be joined on the card by heavy-handed 2008 Olympian Billy Joe Saunders, who bids to put himself in the frame for a title shot later this year at Middleweight.

Also in action is 2006 Commonwealth Games champion Jamie Cox as well as former Commonwealth Heavyweight champion Sam ***ton, who is joined on the comeback trail by two other former champions, Liverpool's former British Champion, Paul Smith, who lost his title to James DeGale, and also Dagenham's former WBO World Champion Nicky Cook.

Emerging Commonwealth Games medallist Stephen Simmons from Edinburgh appears in a four rounder, as do a host of promising Londoners including Bradley Skeete, George Michael Carman, and Welshmen Lewis Rees.

Another addition to the card is Francis Robinson, the son of Wales' former WBO featherweight king Steve Robinson.

A recent signing to Frank Warren's camp Francis will be looking to his father's former promoter to help him reach the same levels as his dad did in the 1990swhen he made seven defences of his worldfFeatherweight title while packing out arenas in Cardiff.

"This is one of the best shows I've ever been involved in," said Warren.

"The card has got loads of stories and some real depth and is exactly what a PPV event should be. We've got eight champions, or former, champions in action as well as some youngsters who are going to be knocking on the door for titles in the near future.

"I'm obviously very excited about the top of the bill and indeed DeGale V Groves, but the undercard is pretty special as well. You've got three guys in Smith, ***ton and Cook who are all coming back, and they are all going to answer some serious questions about their futures on May 21."
    Last edited by PrinceNaz88; 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      Undercard confirmed!
      should be good, depending on who is left after the pull outs start

Comment

Should be a great night of boxing looking at the whole card

Comment

Should be good. But I'm getting worked up cos Warren has bad luck with drop outs. He should throw Mitchell vs Murray on there to really set it off. Lol.

Comment

Meeting the mate in Surrey Quays @ 15.00, then onto the Jubilee Line at Canada Water to North Greenwich for the O2.......

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              should be good, depending on who is left after the pull outs start
              Absolutely, but as long as the two main fights happen and Frankie Gavin fights, I will still be happy enough..

Comment

Got the Friday off to attend the weigh in too!! Quality.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
                  Got the Friday off to attend the weigh in too!! Quality.
                  Not sure whether i'm going to attend the weigh in yet. Any word of where and what time it will be yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OG William View Post
                    Not sure whether i'm going to attend the weigh in yet. Any word of where and what time it will be yet?
                    12pm at the o2.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
                      12pm at the o2.
                      Do you have to pay to get in?

Comment

Working...
                      X