Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Munn
    From BBC Five this morning ........

Hatton warned by confident Tszyu
    There's not much chance of there being any trouble in the M.E.N Arena...

Comment

• Sure....English fans are most polite and civilised fans in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Munn
        From BBC Five this morning ........

Hatton warned by confident Tszyu

Tszyu has been beaten once in 33 contests Kostya Tszyu believes that he is far better than anyone Ricky Hatton has ever faced before. The IBF light welterweight champion arrived in England on Sunday, with his 12-strong entourage, for the 5 June clash at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Tszyu said: "Ricky has fought some great fighters but he will find that I am another level above them.

"It is a great challenge for Ricky and he has got guts to step up and take it. I respect all my opponents."

The Russian-Australian has held a version of the world title for 10 years and beaten superstars like Julio Cesar Chavez, Zab Judah and Miguel Angel Gonzalez.

"The Manchester fans have a chance to show the world how good they are" Kostya Tszyu

And the 35-year-old, who has set up camp in Bolton, believes he is in better form than ever having recently returned from a two-year injury absence with a crushing win over Sharmba Mitchell.

Tszyu also insisted the prospect of fighting in front of 22,000 screaming Hatton fans holds no fears.

"If the fans are crazy it will make a great night but I am sure they understand and love boxing," said Tszyu.

"When I fought Chavez in Phoenix in front of 15,000 Mexicans it was so bad I never even waited for the decision.
        I read this before on bbc.co.uk, i understand what Tszyu is saying but it just states the obvious. The thing that makes this fight very interesting is the way Hatton has handed beatings to his opponents, he's taken them apart with ease and i'm wondering if he can take that ability up to the highest level. If he can compete with Tszyu then he's a genuine top class fighter, if he can beat Tsyzu he's a genuine top 5 P4P fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by majestiC
          I can see Hatton winning this within five rounds but depends on his chin/cuts, I honestly don't see tzu keeping up with Hatton's non-stop insane pace due to the lack of rounds tzu has had in the past 2-4 years! Hatton looked more hungry than ever against olivera and with a world title fight with the best he surely must be eating large african elephants at the moment, I cannot wait any longer it sure will be a amazing peice of boxing!
          This type of post amazes me.

Comment

• Originally posted by elveiel
            I read this before on bbc.co.uk, i understand what Tszyu is saying but it just states the obvious. The thing that makes this fight very interesting is the way Hatton has handed beatings to his opponents, he's taken them apart with ease and i'm wondering if he can take that ability up to the highest level. If he can compete with Tszyu then he's a genuine top class fighter, if he can beat Tsyzu he's a genuine top 5 P4P fighter.
            True, definitely states the obvious. I can't claim to have closely followed Zoo over a bunch of fights, but I don't seem to recall so many comments by his team prior to Mitchell or even Judah. Both of those fights seemed to deserve lots of talk, given Judah's mouth and Zoo's history with Mitchell. But Zoo and his entire team remained quiet compared to this pending fight build-up. I don't think these guys are "hyping" the fight in an effort to fill the seats, 'cause that's probably not required. So, something is a bit different for Team Zoo this time around, with all the chatter.

Also, I agree with you about Hatton's abilities, particularly wondering if he can take it "to the highest level". I'm sure you didn't intend to suggest much saying it that way, but I think it's probably accurate that Hatton is going to another level with Zoo.

Comment

• tzsyu says a bit before fights, but in the us its only there hype they want to hear...the over the top hype for judah to beat kostya was a joke....judah had beaten nobody of note at the time o9f the fight, he steamrolled a few club fighters and he was ready....lol...he was shyting himself walkin to the ring, his eyes flickering with fear, kostya worked him out in 1 round and stalked and knocked him out in the 2nd..this thinking that hatton will have to much pressure for kostya must be from people who havent seen him fight..he is a level above the rest, and hatton is in for a reality check, as calzage would be if he stepped up to hopkins...

Comment

• Originally posted by martinwbc
                All I'm trying to say is that people really point the finger at Ricky Hatton and say he's crap, (I think a little unfairly).

I reckon it may have something to do with him being able to sell 20,000 seats everytime he fights. That's alway's gonna make other fighters jealous.

---------

OK, If you wanna know why I reckon Ricky boy has a very good chance of winning this fight against Kostya Tszyu:

1. The Mitchell fight flattered Kostya Tszyu. Shamba Mitchell was just starting to show signs of being a little shot, and Lovemore Ndou exposed this about 18 months before the Tszyu vs Mitchel II fight took place. + Take a look at Mitchell vs Stewert and 6 months later Hatton vs Stewert. There's a huge difference between the way those two fights are won.

2. Kostya Tszyu is 36yrs old and Ricky Hatton is 26yrs old. No one has ever been able to stop Ricky setting a fast pace to date, I reckon there's a strong chance Kostya Tszyu won't be able to either.

3. Ricky Hatton is a BIGLight-welterweight. He's not gonna be easy to bully around the ring the way Kostya has done to other opponents.

4. I'll get back to you on the rest... Her in doors is calling... LOL!
                I think Kostya will be to big and strong for
                him come fight nite.Remember Kostya usually
                enters the ring at 145-150lbs on fight nites
                which generally makes him the physically stronger
                guy.You can expect an early attack from Hatton
                with Tyszu taking his time getting his angles and
                feet in the right position.Then BOOM the big right hand lands
                and the fight turns drastically.

Everyone is talking about Hattons body punches.Dont be suprised
                to see KT drop Hatton with a body punch.A lot will
                depend on how Hatton will handle KTs power and pressure.
                I think it will be like a tree cutter cutting down a huge
                tree with Kostya chopping away untill Hatton can no longer
                take it anymore and will fall hard..

GO KOSTYA
                ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS BEHIND YOU MATE....

Comment

• sorry mate but if you did your reading you would know hatton comes in at the same weight if not slightly higher come fight night. (150 is bout standard for ricky)

neither man will have significant physical advantages

Comment

• Originally posted by JPW
                    sorry mate but if you did your reading you would know hatton comes in at the same weight if not slightly higher come fight night. (150 is bout standard for ricky)

neither man will have significant physical advantages
                    Maybe not in size but Tszyu's so strong, i know Hattons been classed as a freak of nature but i'd say Tszyu looks stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason power
                      I think Kostya will be to big and strong for
                      him come fight nite.Remember Kostya usually
                      enters the ring at 145-150lbs on fight nites
                      which generally makes him the physically stronger
                      guy.You can expect an early attack from Hatton
                      with Tyszu taking his time getting his angles and
                      feet in the right position.Then BOOM the big right hand lands
                      and the fight turns drastically.

Everyone is talking about Hattons body punches.Dont be suprised
                      to see KT drop Hatton with a body punch.A lot will
                      depend on how Hatton will handle KTs power and pressure.
                      I think it will be like a tree cutter cutting down a huge
                      tree with Kostya chopping away untill Hatton can no longer
                      take it anymore and will fall hard..

GO KOSTYA
                      ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS BEHIND YOU MATE....
                      I actually think we're more likely to see an early attack from Kostya Tszyu. The longer the fight goes on, the more chance Ricky has of winning it.

Kostya Tszyu may feel like a million dollers in training at the moment, but it will definatly not be in his best interests (at 36yrs of age), to be entering the 10th or 11th round with a young strong Ricky Hatton who's fighting at an even faster pace than he did in the 1st round.

Kostya's best chance of winning is to blast Ricky out of there inside the first four rounds.

If the fight goes to points, Ricky stands a good chance of winning it on sheer work rate only!

Comment

Working...
                      X