Australian P4P top 100 (UPDATED)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cace View Post
    good work mate and yes very interesting times for aussie boxing
    I agree it is good work. I may disagree with a ranking of Winwood at #3 . ( I would not rate him that high after just 4 for fights ) , but that is nit picking.
    James Daley James Daley likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

I agree it is good work. I may disagree with a ranking of Winwood at #3 . ( I would not rate him that high after just 4 for fights ) , but that is nit picking.
      It's not nit picking. I hear you & pound-for-pound is always going to be debatable.

Also welcome any comments/help/suggestions to improve the formula I created (especially the regional rankings section).

With #3 Alex Winwood, I guess being in minimum weight helped him to fast track to the top of world rankings alot quicker, but so did good opponents.
      Last edited by James Daley; 03-27-2024, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Daley View Post

It's not nit picking. I hear you & pound-for-pound is always going to be debatable.

Also welcome any comments/help/suggestions to improve the formula I created (especially the regional rankings section).

With #3 Alex Winwood, I guess being in minimum weight helped him to fast track to the top of world rankings alot quicker, but so did good opponents.
        The talent pool at mimium weight is shallow. You formula and rankings to me are fine. I appreciate them. I just would not rate a man so highly after only have 4 pro fights especially if he did nothing in the amateurs ... in any wight class.

An Aussie rating system is new spin for this forum.

Boxing Scene has that and the Indian prospects. Two very different treads.

I can help best on the Pro divisions From middle to heavyweight. Maybe if you care to mention them to us there are some amateur Aussie prospects for the 2024 Olympics?

I realize Australia only has 26 Million people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

The talent pool at mimium weight is shallow. You formula and rankings to me are fine. I appreciate them. I just would not rate a man so highly after only have 4 pro fights especially if he did nothing in the amateurs ... in any wight class.

An Aussie rating system is new spin for this forum.

Boxing Scene has that and the Indian prospects. Two very different treads.

I can help best on the Pro divisions From middle to heavyweight. Maybe if you care to mention them to us there are some amateur Aussie prospects for the 2024 Olympics?

I realize Australia only has 26 Million people.

#14 Harry Garside is the obvious one to come to mind.
          • 2020 Olympics Lightweight Bronze Medal
          • 3-0 (2KO’s) as a Professional
          • 2024 Olympic Games coming up NEXT!

For the List, a minimum of 3 fights has been an unwritten rule used.. From now on it will be a minimum of 5 fights as a slight correction to the list.

This will eliminate #14 Harry Garside (3-0) from the next update, and may eliminate #3 Alex Winwood (4-0) depending on another fight before the next updated list.

#3 Alex Winwood (4-0)
          • 2020 Olympics Men’s Fly Preliminaries - Round of 32
          • 2022 Commonwealth Games Men’s Fly Quarter-Final. Controversial KO Loss:

Comment

I look forward to the Garside Olympic 2024 fights. He won't be fighting any Indians in the games The types that will open the floodgates. Just a bit of fun.

I glad that you took my feedback positively, but in terms of prospects I rank do rank highly accomplishd amateurs that are going pro or have just turned pro. Just not #1, #2 or #3 of pro prospects.

Comment

Working...
            X