Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best Indian or having Indian ancestry Boxer in the world today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best Indian or having Indian ancestry Boxer in the world today?

Who is the best Indian Boxer today?

Lol brother this has been discussed to DEATH in the thread below...have a good read and knock yourself out!

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...xing-prospects

In short, pro-boxing only returned to India in 2015 following a 65 year hiatus from the sport. However, there's been a noticeable improvement in Indian amateur boxing within the last decade as they've risen from #44 to #4 in the IBA's official rankings. Also, there's a number of promising Indian youth who've won Gold at the recent IBA Youth World Championships (Vanshaj & Vishwanath) plus a handful of Canadian fighter's of Indian descent who've won Gold in some of the biggest amateur tournaments in Europe (Haringey - Nijjar) & America (Golden Gloves & Pan Am Games - Pannu).

However, as far as pro prospects go, Hamzah Sheeraz is definitely the MOST promising one to date as he's currently the WBO European Light Middleweight Champion @ 154lbs and undefeated in 18 fights with 14 KO's. His father is Pakistani but his mother is Indian.
    KOVALEVKO Inoue Body Shot likes this.

Comment

Well -- according to Box Rec rankings, there are the best pound per pound fighters form India.

https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?r%5Bro...ry%5D=IN&r_go=

Pay attention to the dates. I have seen Singh fight ...the name is more common than Smith in the USA by the way.

Gurcharan Singh was a journeyman heavyweight ( 2001-2010 ) who got smoked when he stepped up to fight Timur Ibragimov a regional type who was not even ranked in the top 25 at Box Rec in 2010. For now he is the best Indian heavyweight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
        Well -- according to Box Rec rankings, there are the best pound per pound fighters form India.

Pay attention to the dates. I have seen Singh fight ...the name is more common than Smith in the USA by the way.

Gurcharan Singh was a journeyman heavyweight ( 2001-2010 ) who got smoked when he stepped up to fight Timur Ibragimov a regional type who was not even ranked in the top 25 at Box Rec in 2010. For now he is the best Indian heavyweight of all time.
        Lmao leave it alone brother...we've been down this road a MILLION times and DON'T need another thread about Indian boxing! Having said that, BoxRec data corroborates what I've been saying all along...just 16 Indian pro boxer's in the last several decades following India's 65 year hiatus from the sport. Oh well, things are definitely picking up and it's just a matter of time before our amateur success bleeds through into the pro ranks. However, by no means am I saying that we'll dominate but we'll definitely produce a handful of champions which is a good starting point for future growth in the sport.

PS: The 'Great' Gurcharan Singh would still kick your a$$!

Comment

Where do get the data there were just 16 Indian boxers years ago several decades ago Where?

PS: The Great Guru would likely kick my ass. I'm way past my gym days.

Comment

punch-out-wii-great-tiger.gif]

I'm pretty sure it's Great Tiger, right?

Comment

maybe Prince Patel haha. I don't know but whoever it is, I know they are terrible. Jesus imagine how awful the top 10 would be

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Jah View Post
                maybe Prince Patel haha. I don't know but whoever it is, I know they are terrible. Jesus imagine how awful the top 10 would be
                As a self-confessed fan of amateur boxing, I have several Indian boxing prospects I'd like you to cast your eye over. However, having gone through your posting history, you have so much vitriol towards Indians I'm not going to bother as you wouldn't be impartial.

However, thanks for reminding me about Prince Patel LMAO. Although I DON'T rate him as a fighter, he is technically the first 'Indian world champion' in boxing having won the IBO Bantamweight title last month. Although it's not considered a 'proper' world title, plenty of notable fighter's have held this belt e.g. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Joshua, Golovkin, Usyk etc so it's better than NOTHING and even Bivol recently captured this title in a unification bout in Saudi.

Anyhow, baby steps...
                Last edited by HisExcellency; 01-05-2024, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Jah View Post

The Prince is rated #34 at box rec at 113 -118 pounds. He is a super fly weight or bantam weight. Winning the IBO title is way out there .... Past the WBA,WBC and IBF ... past the WBO ... it is a nonsense belt. At best the IBO is the 5th best belt. I don't follow boxers who are the weight of 12 -14 year olds boys unless they are world class.

Here is a list of the world champions.​

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxi...o1a1ahryefwtlg

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

The surname Singh indicates you are a male member of the Sikh religion it means "Lion". The female equivalent is Kaur which means ,"Princess".

Hence the prevalence of the names ! LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X