No announcement yet.

Super 6 UK TV deal announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 6 UK TV deal announced

The first night of Super Six boxing, with Abraham-Taylor and Froch-Dirrell will be on a new PPV channel called Primetime, and will cost £14.95. The fights will be live (not on delay like Abraham-Taylor on Showtime) and it will show the Froch undercard as well.

ThisisNottingham.co.uk

CARL Froch's first Super Six fight against Andre Dirrell at the Trent FM Arena next month will be aired live on BBC Radio 5 Live and the UK's newest pay-per-view channel Primetime, it was announced at a Press conference today.

It will cost £14.95 for almost six hours of boxing. It will be the first live event broadcast by the fledgling channel, which is filing the void left by the demise of Setanta.

Froch will climb into the ring against Dirrell at around 2am on October 18, so that it can be broadcast live on Showtime in America.

They will also screen Arthur Abrahams v Jermaine Taylor and fights from the Froch-Dirrell undercard.

But Froch is not concerned about going to work so late at night.

"I've not done anything different in my preparation," he said. "I'm still going for my early morning run and getting my head bit earlier every night.

"I've got to get my body tuned to American prime time."

WBA champion Mikkel Kessler broke off from training for his fight with Andre Ward to attend today's Press conference in the Council Chamber and says he can't wait to fight Froch.

"As a fighter you only take one fight at a time, but when I do fight Carl it will be a massive fight," he said.

"He wasn't a big name when I fought Joe Calzaghe, but he is a big name now. and I respect him a lot."

Primetime?

Is that on sky? Sorry I didn't read the whole post.

Comment

Yep it is a new PPV on Sky

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
        I'll pay for that, it can't be any fucking worse than ****anta.

Comment

Do you know which channel it's on on Sky? I've flicked through my Sky+ and I can't see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            Do you know which channel it's on on Sky? I've flicked through my Sky+ and I can't see it!
            Its not active yet,Should be on Sky in the next few days showing build up to the Super 6 Tourney.

Comment

Its not active yet,Should be on Sky in the next few days showing build up to the Super 6 Tourney.
              It sounds good but is it gonna cost £15 per fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                It sounds good but is it gonna cost £15 per fight?
                Well £15 for both fights plus all the undercard action,And also Abraham/Taylor will be screened live wheras Showtime are showing it tape delayed.

Also They are going to be screening the 24/7 Showtime versions leading up to the fights.

"Showtime's behind-the-scenes 24/7 style fighter documentaries will also be aired on PrimeTime in the weeks leading up to the event."

Comment

Wait, so are froch and abraham fighting on the same night?

Comment

They should be on ITV4. damn ripoff at 15 quid

Comment

Working...
                    X