No announcement yet.

6'6" decorated amateur Andrii Novitskyi set to debut this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

He is up at box rec. Word is he was a powerful house amateur and dropped off the scene years ago. Now he backed by a good team and is giving the pro ranks a go.

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/1128528
    As a follower of amateur boxing. Including a lot of interest in the Ukraine national team, I'd never heard of him. And I wondered why I hadn't heard of him when the articles say he was an amateur standout.

The truth is, he simply wasn't. It's lies. I searched on strefa boxing and I only found results of him with a slightly different spelling - Andriy Novitskiy. And if you look there, there is 3 results in tournaments and he lost in his first fight in all three. Including in the Ukrainian national championships in 2016 he was TKO'd in round 1 by Igor Shevadzutskiy!
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Jah View Post

As a follower of amateur boxing. Including a lot of interest in the Ukraine national team, I'd never heard of him. And I wondered why I hadn't heard of him when the articles say he was an amateur standout.

The truth is, he simply wasn't. It's lies. I searched on strefa boxing and I only found results of him with a slightly different spelling - Andriy Novitskiy. And if you look there, there is 3 results in tournaments and he lost in his first fight in all three. Including in the Ukrainian national championships in 2016 he was TKO'd in round 1 by Igor Shevadzutskiy!
      Andrii Novytskyi fighting on the mega heavyweight card. This means he is getting good exposure and possibly will fight one of winners between AJ and Ngannou Or Zhang and Parker. I don't think he is ready for this, but money talks. Given that this is his 8th fight in a years span he is active and serious. He can be found in my top 20 heavyweight prospects with the ^^^ pointing up.
      Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-07-2024, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Novytskyi​ won easily last night. It is how he won that impressed me. He doesn't look like a man who had limited experience or 10 pro fights.

For openers his footwork / foot speed is excellent and will be a factor vs. pretty much all future opponents, including top ten ranked fighters.

He is very relaxed in the ring which is something you don't often see in young heavyweights.

And his head and body attack are good as is his balance.

A heavy handed person, his power appears to be excellent. Hand speed is on the plus side.

And he likes to land all types of punches at out range, mid rage, and not shown in this fight, up close. His height 6'6", reach estimated to be 81" and weight at 240 pounds will give him advantages over most future opponents.

A very good prospect, he is moving up, and is very active. This is his 8th fight in a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpeUagyVeVg

Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-09-2024, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Novytskyi​ won easily last night. It is how he won that impressed me. He doesn't look like a man who had limited experience or 10 pro fights.

For openers his footwork / foot speed is excellent and will be a factor vs. pretty much all future opponents, including top ten ranked fighters.

He is very relaxed in the ring which is something you don't often see in young heavyweights.

And his head and body attack are good as is his balance.

A heavy handed person, his power appears to be excellent. Hand speed is on the plus side.

And he likes to land all types of punches at out range, mid rage, and not shown in this fight, up close. His height 6'6", reach estimated to be 81" and weight at 240 pounds will give him advantages over most future opponents.

A very good prospect, he is moving up, and is very active. This is his 8th fight in a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpeUagyVeVg

I think his inside game probably sucks. Judging by how desperately he tries to avoid fighting inside, he knows it. I also think his opponent, Juan, would have had a difficult time going hard against a heavy bag for 4 rounds without collapsing.

also I think that black font you used is invisible to those of us viewing with a dark background.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I think his inside game probably sucks. Judging by how desperately he tries to avoid fighting inside, he knows it. I also think his opponent, Juan, would have had a difficult time going hard against a heavy bag for 4 rounds without collapsing.

also I think that black font you used is invisible to those of us viewing with a dark background.
            It is quite good ( the body attack ) shown in his other fights, so you are mistaken.

His footwork and foot speed speed , ( which are very good traits of his ) combined with his range natural and balance, power and skill was too much for Juan Torres to deal with. He was what call out of the fight zone, while Novytskyi was in it. As I said I was impressed with how he won using his boxing IQ and was very relaxed in the ring. .

The result was the fight lasted two short rounds. Stamina was not an issue. It was Juan Torres durability and chin vs. Novytskyi power and skills. The durable Toreros has ever been knocked down or out in 19 fights, so a two round win was impressive.

It is great Novyskyi he has gotten the exposure of a mega card. He can fight the winners of this mega card in 1-2 years ( Parker? ) I think he needs a few more fights before taking that jump.

- Dr. Z
            Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-10-2024, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Andrii Novytskyi fighting on the mega heavyweight card. This means he is getting good exposure and possibly will fight one of winners between AJ and Ngannou Or Zhang and Parker. I don't think he is ready for this, but money talks. Given that this is his 8th fight in a years span he is active and serious. He can be found in my top 20 heavyweight prospects with the ^^^ pointing up.
              Don't ever mention this guy in the same sentence as AJ, Ngannou, Zhang or Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post

Don't ever mention this guy in the same sentence as AJ, Ngannou, Zhang or Parker.
                Yet the top 2 heavyweights and worlds champs are Usyk and Fury. Fighting in the biggest fight in years for the undisputed with the whole world watching. So go cry about that.

Comment

Novitskyi is better than I originally thought. Nothing special, but decent. He has some ability/skills. Possible he could be one to watch.

But amateur standout he certainly wasn't, I don't get why they have to lie with that bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Jah View Post
                    Novitskyi is better than I originally thought. Nothing special, but decent. He has some ability/skills. Possible he could be one to watch.

But amateur standout he certainly wasn't, I don't get why they have to lie with that bull****.
                    Welcome back from your hiatus. I don't bother reading or reply to Kovalev KO anymore and I suggest you do the same.

Novitskyi is decent. Nice of you to update your opinion of him. Is he a future top 10 heavyweight?! Maybe. I'll say this, size, speed, age , and power are things he has in the spades. More so that other more accomplished amateurs. We shall see​
                    Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-11-2024, 01:42 PM.
                    Don_Jah Don_Jah likes this.

Comment

Novytskyi is not good imo. It has nothing to do with him being white.

I think Hrgovic is a good fighter and WAYY better than Novytskyi.

Comment

Working...
                      X