No announcement yet.

Nicolay Valuev??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rumbler
    he might go on to break marciano's record if he keeps fighting bums!! valuev cant fight..its just a freak show!!
    Naked emotions, naked words.

Comment

Originally posted by Runw/knives
      I think RJJ would give Valuev hell in a heavyweight fight. His akwardness would blind him. Jones would exploit the fact that he is slow and ******ed.
      RJJ is a god. He’s the only one. I agree, he probably might, but if Valuev would caught him with a shot, god would dead. And don’t forget, Kolya is slow opposite RJJ but who isn’t slow against RJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
        Don't be silly he makes Vitali look like Roy Jones! the guy pushes his punches, there's no real snap on them & he IS slow
        I look at his fights from the mid 90ies and almost each bout he moves away from puches and approaches to snap. Step by step. He’ll become true puncher soon. There is discussion here – am i right? So this means that each of us is isnteresting to compare his own opinion with the opinions of others. And try to clear who is right. I am interesting why you think this way and tell the facts to explain my point of view. One of them – Niko is improving the way o his punches. In the bout with Levin he landed the punches better than in the bout with Rayan. He became more fast. And in this bout with a good and not feared boxer Levin he was more speedy and skillful than Vitali in the bout with a Williams who didn’t even try to let his hands fly. Danny simply walked forward, to the left or to the right and held his hands near the breast. For example when Vitali tried to land left shot Danny blocked it by his right hand and then turned to the right with the hands down. May be he wanted Vitali to punch him by the right shot? Or he forgot that he’s in the ring? Anyhow Vitali thinked during 5-10 seconds and then hitted Williams by the right. lol It was great show but it would be better in the psycho-clinic or circus.lol
        Roy Jones and Klitchko are antipodes lol
        Vitali didn’t floored Corrie while Corrie was fat, overraged (that’s not good for boxer) and did almost nothing for his own defense (and after 1st when he almost defeated Vitali he didn’t even attack).
        And if Hasim will not be fat like in the bouts with Tua (2th) or Ruiz and will do all that he have been usually doing in the ring in the late 90-ies he will clear soon who of us is right

Comment

I didn't get all of that but anyway It basically comes down to size & he is physically too big to be a quick, technical sort of guy so he'll have to rely on his punch, the problem with that is he doesn't appear to hit with a lot of POWER but he does hit with a lot of WEIGHT & this is what has been beating the lower tier guys he's been fighting, size & weight but saying that he'll be a hard task for anybody simply because of his size which let's be honest is his biggest assett but I would back any of the top ten guys to beat him right now except maybe Byrd who is slowing down big time. Valuev's had about 40 fights? I'd think if he was going to improve greatly he'd have done it by now.

Comment

I think its hard to say how good he actually is.. as although he has had 40 fights he hasn't really fought any one of note in terms of world class opposition. Have to agree with Barryboy, he is slow and isn't a power puncher, he is a HEAVY puncher though(not suprisingly). It will be interesting to see how he does against the better heavyweights out there who possess decent speed and power.

Comment

I didn't get all of that but anyway It basically comes down to size & he is physically too big to be a quick, technical sort of guy so he'll have to rely on his punch, the problem with that is he doesn't appear to hit with a lot of POWER but he does hit with a lot of WEIGHT & this is what has been beating the lower tier guys he's been fighting, size & weight but saying that he'll be a hard task for anybody simply because of his size which let's be honest is his biggest assett but I would back any of the top ten guys to beat him right now except maybe Byrd who is slowing down big time. Valuev's had about 40 fights? I'd think if he was going to improve greatly he'd have done it by now.
              I think you reject his possibility to become a dexterous boxer just because of his parametres. It can be right with likes of Eric Esch or George Foreman but look at Valuev – his body is well proportionated: if someone who never saw him before looks at his photo where there isn’t anybody but him no one can tell his size exactly. He can receive the rather good dexterity and skills because he always work and results can be seen yet.
              I agree that he doesn’t hit with his whole power yet. But your phrase is static but Niko’s condition is a dynamic one.
              His previous opponents were not perfect but first it’s not only Valuev who has the business with punching bags – it’s the illness of the whole heavyweight division, second,as i said yet, management is not the boxing skill and third – no one of his opponents could hurt him, like it was with such as Wladimir Klitchko who was blowed away by phlegmatic Purity. Interesting moment: Atilla Levin won the fight against Purity. And Purity is same Purity that was 20 years ago

Of cource, his size is his biggest asset. Along with the love to work. But it’s a heavyweight. Let’s look at the top of the division: size is the biggest asset of them all except Byrd, Toney and Peter who is a puncher. For example decrease the size of Rahman by 10 percent and he wouldn’t be at the top. But the successes of the other toppers are even more based on the size than Hasim’s.

Yes, this is the right thought but it’s a life, and things happen when its happen. The process is going now.

Valuev’s skills are worse than the same of Byrd, Toney, Rahman, Brewster, Peter, Oquendo, Barrett now. But his skills are better than Mccline’s, Klitchko’s, Golota’s yet.
              Last edited by Diricul; 04-01-2005, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmo
                I think its hard to say how good he actually is.. as although he has had 40 fights he hasn't really fought any one of note in terms of world class opposition. Have to agree with Barryboy, he is slow and isn't a power puncher, he is a HEAVY puncher though(not suprisingly). It will be interesting to see how he does against the better heavyweights out there who possess decent speed and power.
                I agree, it will be very interesting. Levin and Bango were the first ones. It's sad that Bango met Valuev. If he has a good management he could become a top contender. Richard is 36 years old now. I think the time is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Diricul
                  Valuev’s skills are worse than the same of Byrd, Toney, Rahman, Brewster, Peter, Oquendo, Barrett now. But his skills are better than Mccline’s, Klitchko’s, Golota’s yet.
                  I have to disagree with the last bit there mate those last 3 guys are all more talented than Valuev, McCline has good pedigree, he sparred with most of the top heavyweights over the past few years including Lennox & has good skills, like Wlad both those guys are a bit suspect (chin, mentality?)but less talented than Valuev? I have to disagree.
                  I loved this bit though

"I agree that he doesn’t hit with his whole power yet. But your phrase is static but Niko’s condition is a dynamic one".

Comment

I have to disagree with the last bit there mate those last 3 guys are all more talented than Valuev, McCline has good pedigree, he sparred with most of the top heavyweights over the past few years including Lennox & has good skills, like Wlad both those guys are a bit suspect (chin, mentality?)but less talented than Valuev? I have to disagree.
                    Good day! Sorry for the pause.
                    Pedigreed moves and talent aren't equal. Do you accept it? Yes, Jameel sparred with skillful guys but it’s an experience not talent. May be you heard that Valuev has big problems with sparring patners. Even now. That’s why Nikolay spent so many years in boxing and still has so much to improve. May be when Nikolay will have the same experience that Jameel does he will be more pedigreed than McCline.
                    Valuev thinks in the ring and he does it better day by day. He learns to solve fighting tasks. I never saw McCline solving non-linear tasks.

Did you see the bout versus Etienne?

Comment

Working...
                    X