Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will go further out of are new prospects?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikey_Boy View Post
    Sadly I didnt get to watch the 3 olympians this past week..
    Is there a link to the fights anywhere?
    p.s I take it none of them were hugely impressive?
    I thought frankie gavins fight was entertaining, billy joe saunders was probably the most impressive, degale was just a bit of a let down, he built himself up too much imo.

Saunders, Sutherland and Jefferies seem to have the most potential at this stage, Gavin impressed me after getting that nasty cut from the head clash, definately an entertainer, degale has the most amateur style out of all of them, backhanded jabs etc....

its seems time will tell!!

Comment

Its safe to say that Sutherland would destroy DeGale at the professional level

Comment

Originally posted by Brian13 View Post
        Its safe to say that Sutherland would destroy DeGale at the professional level
        Looks like that way at the moment...

I think degale is meant to shine against better opponents......so he says......time will tell....

Comment

sutherland is the dogs bolox! jefferies is excellent 2! and saunders, but sutheland is irish...

Comment

Originally posted by nicu_pascan View Post
            nice

Kell Brook 19(12)-0-0 British Champ 22 yr
            John Murray 26(14)-0-0 British Champ 24 yr
            Nathan Cleverly 15(5)-0-0 Commonwealth Champ 21yr
            Kevin Mitchell 27(20)-0-0 Brit/Common Champ 24yr
            Paul Appleby 13(8)-0-0 British Champ 21 yr
            Frankie Gavin 1(1)-0-0
            Billy joe saunders 1(1)-0-0
            George Groves 2(1)-0-0
            I like that as well!

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
            Darren Sutherland looks like he is going to get somewhere,and probably a lot quicker than the others.I think its a bit harsh getting too heavy on the guys last night,it was their first outing after all.Something to consider though is a point that Lennox Lewis made,and that is that when he started out as a pro he did it fighting in small halls with not much tv exposure and hype,despite being an olympic gold medallist himself,without all the razzamatazz that we saw last night.Take Degale for example.When he was stood there with the laser show and all that bollocks going off behind him,he looked like he was ****ting himself.I would have thought that promoters would have learnt from the experiences of Audley Harrison and Amir Khan.No fighter starting his pro career should be starting it top of the bill,they should be fighting at the bottom without immediate exposure,and fighting as regularly as possible.
            Great post. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Comment

Michael Maguire is the best out of the lot. He fights under Hayemaker promotions so he hasn't had a lot of publicity, but he is really good. Reminds me of a Bantamweight Mike Tyson.

Comment

Working...
              X