Amir Khan vs. Martin Kristjansen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan will win in the first 4 rounds.

Comment

Should be an esay fight for Khan, he is much bigger, faster and should be stronger.
      Kristjansen isn't much of a banger and has not been in with as good an opponents as Khan has. Khan should stop him within 4rounds.

The only thing that bothers me is that Khan is above this fellow on all the major rankings so is this fight just to bolster Khan's record as surely he isn't going to learn a lot from this???

Comment

khan should win this fight easy and he should then go fight for the euorpean title

Comment

Originally posted by Genman1988 View Post
          Who is Martin Kristjansen?? Cant find any highlights on him anywhere, hasnt beaten any big names and yet is supposed to be Amirs toughest fight in a world title eliminator... anybody with some info would be great
          Kristjansen is quite durable having gone 12 rounds 3 times. He can't break an egg with only 5 KOs and only 1 KO the last 4 years and that was when Tshela refused to leave his corner in sep. 2005.

Although I said that he is durable it doesnt mean his chin is made of granite. Zoff (who cant punch either) put Martin on the floor twice in their latest encounter. He does have a big heart and it appears that his only chance is to make it out of the first 5 rounds.

I doubt that and expect Khan to win by KO inside 3 ronds or force a cuts-stoppage a little later.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173553

Comment

stuck like £7 on khan to win by ko/tko , terrible odds but its a couple of £'s

Comment

Once you become a well known boxer, people expect you to fight the big names. This is fair enough because usually a boxer becomes well known by winning a big fight and/or a title. In Khan's case he won a silver medal aged 17. Since then some people have been expecting him to fight the toughest opposition already.

He's being moved at a faster rate than several of Britain's best fighters were. Calzaghe was 22-0 and 25, Hatton was 38-0 and 26. I think Khan has been making good progress with each fight, and should be ready after about 3 more.

I'd like to see him fight in the US for one of them. The best lightweights are all based in the US and so he should get some experience of fighting there now, so that it's not an unknown factor when he goes over to fight for a title.

He should fight someone like Zahir Raheem, who is naturally smaller and not that great a fighter, but who is also good enough to be a challenge and provide a learning experience. He is also somewhat familiar to US boxing fans.

Then again Raheem is probably too big a risk. Maybe Khan could fight Freitas, who will probably quit after a few rounds anyway...

It's a shame that David Diaz has already agreed to fight Pac. After seeing him knocked down in a close win over a shot Erik Morales who was about 3 weight divisions above his peak weight, I think he'd be the easiest opponent of the current alphabet champs.

I think Campbell would be an easier opponent than Casamayor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Once you become a well known boxer, people expect you to fight the big names. This is fair enough because usually a boxer becomes well known by winning a big fight and/or a title. In Khan's case he won a silver medal aged 17. Since then some people have been expecting him to fight the toughest opposition already.

He's being moved at a faster rate than several of Britain's best fighters were. Calzaghe was 22-0 and 25, Hatton was 38-0 and 26. I think Khan has been making good progress with each fight, and should be ready after about 3 more.

I'd like to see him fight in the US for one of them. The best lightweights are all based in the US and so he should get some experience of fighting there now, so that it's not an unknown factor when he goes over to fight for a title.

He should fight someone like Zahir Raheem, who is naturally smaller and not that great a fighter, but who is also good enough to be a challenge and provide a learning experience. He is also somewhat familiar to US boxing fans.

Then again Raheem is probably too big a risk. Maybe Khan could fight Freitas, who will probably quit after a few rounds anyway...

It's a shame that David Diaz has already agreed to fight Pac. After seeing him knocked down in a close win over a shot Erik Morales who was about 3 weight divisions above his peak weight, I think he'd be the easiest opponent of the current alphabet champs.

I think Campbell would be an easier opponent than Casamayor.
                  If you compare him to a similar talent Oscar Delahoya, Khan comes out short. DLH won his first world title against Jimmi Bredahl in his 12'th fight after only 1½ year of professional experience. Khan doesnt appear ready for a titlefight yet despite being pro for double that time.

Comment

Just had look at the WBO rankings and all of a sudden Kristjanson as moved to fifth, although all week he as been 2nd? - Even if you check the WBO rankings explanations he's still down as 2nd!

I know Frank & the WBO have a very very good relationship but there is definitely something wierd there....

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
                      If you compare him to a similar talent Oscar Delahoya, Khan comes out short. DLH won his first world title against Jimmi Bredahl in his 12'th fight after only 1½ year of professional experience. Khan doesnt appear ready for a titlefight yet despite being pro for double that time.
                      De la Hoya is hardly an average case though. He was very good very early, he learned fast and then went on to be p4p #1. Most fighters don't. Very few fighters moved as quickly as he did or have as much talent. For some that did, such as David Reid, things didn't work out in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X