No announcement yet.

The top 15 GREATEST BOXERS OF ALL TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pete View Post
    Raelly? You fergot Jo Lewis, Henree Armstrongg, Wilee Pep, Ruberto Deran, Ezzerd Charals, Archee More, and many ohters.
    Yeah! He allsoe fergat Pirnelle "Swete Pee" Wittakker...

Comment

Originally posted by DNICE View Post
      MY 15 TOP FIGHTERS OF ALL TIME IS 1) MAHUMMAD ALI, 2)SURGAR RAY ROBINSON, 3)SURGAR RAY LENORD, 4) TOMMY HITMAN, HEARNS 5) 6)MAVERLOUS MARVIN HAGGER, 7) MIKE TYSON, 8)ARRON PRYOR, 9)ROY JONES jr ,10) JAMES TONIE, 11) FLOYD MAYWEATHER jr, 12) SALVADOR SANCHEZ,13) EVANDER HOLYFEILD, 14)RUBAN HURRICANE, CARTER , 15) geogre forman
      Marvin Hagger hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by teamwork7 View Post
        Who are the best boxers of all time? I have compiled a list of boxer’s based on their boxing ability, what they achieved in the sport, and how they conducted themselves in and out of the ring. I have put why I rate them so highly also. It is so hard to because every time you think you have it right, you go down the list and pretty much every fighter in their prime – you think “ he could have beaten him” I have decided on this list, and that is that, and it is based on pound for pound credibility’s basically.

1) Sugar Ray Robinson – Had it all, could defend, could attack, and could do anything.
        2) Muhammad Ali – Has to be right up there, could be below Robinson, or could be below Leonard, but I have him second.
        3) Rocky Marciano, - I think to retire undefeated in an era that was so hard, especially as a 5”10 Heavyweight was amazing, what a KO percentage – 87.75.
        4) Sugar ray Leonard - Some of you will think he should be higher, but I think I have him about right.
        5) Oscar De La Hoya – I think he has to be there, he has fought the best, and is one of the best. Goes in for a battle comes out usually unmarked having won. In his day could have beat all of these above him. I could have had him higher. In fact looking at it, he could be as high as number 3 really.
        6) Roy Jones Jnr – His record speaks for itself, multiple weight champions, still going today.
        7) Floyd Mayweather – People will argue this one to the hilt. But I say this – he has beat De la Hoya, Hatton, Judah etc, he could have fought in any era, a top class fighter.
        8) Jack Dempsey – Probably one of the most popular fighters of all, again KO’s were amazing.
        9) Joe Frazier – beat Ali, says it all really, lost to only Foreman & Ali, and that speaks for itself.
        10) Joe Louis – Held the heavy weight title for 11 years, before retiring after being KO by Rocky Marciano, which happened a lot to everyone else so.
        11) Bernard Hopkins or Joe Calzaghe if can beat him, Joe calzaghe ranked alongside him. Hopkins because of his stature within the fighting world, and his ability to move up the weights and win world titles. But I think that if Calzaghe beats him then he can be here – has been champion for over 10 years. His actual ability is up there with Ali, his hand speed, tactical boxing brain and ability to take a punch. I believe he could have fought in any era, pitty he could not have fought with Leonard.
        12) Evander Holyfield – A brilliant boxer, who had a brilliant career, wins over the likes of Tyson, Holmes & Foreman cement his position here amongst the greats.
        13) Mike Tyson – To win the world heavy weight crown at 20 is one hell of an achievement, but outside influences destroyed what could have been the best of all time.
        14) Jake La Motta – Some amongst us probably think he should not be here and those below that are mentioned should be, but I put him here for pure reputation inside and outside the boxing ring.
        15) Jack Johnson – The first black heavyweight, in an era that was hard, very hard and known fro brutality inside the ring as well as outside on the streets. A top class boxer, with a good heart.

Honorable mentions for their ability and what they bought to the sport.

Tommy Hearn’s, Marvin Haggler, Jimmy Wilde, Ricky Hatton (had to I’m British), George Foreman. Lennox Lewis, Henry Armstrong, Larry Holmes, Marco Antonio Barrera, Manny Pacquiao, Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Steve Collins, Barry McGuigan, Henry Cooper.
        A respectable OPINION, but since you say it indeffinently and state it as fact I will mess it up :P...

Floyd Mayweather in the list? Absolutely rediculous, he hasn't ever been tried and hasn't shown the stuff that makes great fighters YET. He has potential, but isn't even close yet.

What the **** on that De lay Hoya claim, he is snake **** compared to the true greats, who did he ever beat? His biggest fights sucked and he lost most of them.

Sugar Ray Leonard over Roberto Duran? IMO that is crazy, and just ignorant to exclude probably the greatest 135lbs fighter ever from the list.

Joe Calzaghe, not yet, but he is getting their.

The 6x world Champion Tommy Hearns only gets a HM?
        Marvin Hagler only gets a HM? He was arguably unbeatable.
        Foreman and Lewis not on the list? Lewis was the best fighter of his era IMO, Better than Tyson and Holyfield IMO.

Steve Colins? **** ME!!!

Larry Holmes excluded? He is a legitimate candidate for the title of "Best figher of all time"

Good on the Eubank, and Benn, but what about Watson? They said themselves that he was the better of the 3, and a candidate for best middleweight figter ever IMO.

I would give a HM to Gerald Mcclellan, probably the most powerful puncher in Middleweight history, best chin you would ever need(Took good shots from Jackson), all the stamina you ever need, foot speed, combinations, powerful jab, he had it all. Including the negatives. IMO a Super Tommy Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
          A respectable OPINION, but since you say it indeffinently and state it as fact I will mess it up :P...

Floyd Mayweather in the list? Absolutely rediculous, he hasn't ever been tried and hasn't shown the stuff that makes great fighters YET. He has potential, but isn't even close yet.

What the **** on that De lay Hoya claim, he is snake **** compared to the true greats, who did he ever beat? His biggest fights sucked and he lost most of them.

Sugar Ray Leonard over Roberto Duran? IMO that is crazy, and just ignorant to exclude probably the greatest 135lbs fighter ever from the list.

Joe Calzaghe, not yet, but he is getting their.

The 6x world Champion Tommy Hearns only gets a HM?
          Marvin Hagler only gets a HM? He was arguably unbeatable.
          Foreman and Lewis not on the list? Lewis was the best fighter of his era IMO, Better than Tyson and Holyfield IMO.

Steve Colins? **** ME!!!

Larry Holmes excluded? He is a legitimate candidate for the title of "Best figher of all time"

Good on the Eubank, and Benn, but what about Watson? They said themselves that he was the better of the 3, and a candidate for best middleweight figter ever IMO.

I would give a HM to Gerald Mcclellan, probably the most powerful puncher in Middleweight history, best chin you would ever need(Took good shots from Jackson), all the stamina you ever need, foot speed, combinations, powerful jab, he had it all. Including the negatives. IMO a Super Tommy Hearns.
          Your post was almost as bad as his.

Comment

THE 15 BEST FIGHTERS OF ALL TIME ARE

1. Joseph Chingangu
            2. Medgoen Singsurat
            3. Sedreck Fields
            4. Catalino Alvarado
            5. Lamont Buchanan
            6. Rustico Torrecampo
            7. Gilberto Ramirez Vasquez
            8. Ramon Aramburu
            9. Pascal Mhagama
            10. Kanovas Alexander
            11. Andres Salgado
            12. Daisuke Komine
            13. Budi Wizon
            14. Joseph Lartey
            15. Brad Davis

LEGENDS!!! TRUE LEGENDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wpink1 View Post
              what no duran..oooops your gonna make panamiac vry upset that you didnt put a figher on here with 50 wins over fighters ith 0-3 records...lol

Seriously man, what the hell is wrong with you? Your demented obsession with Duran is worse than Panamaniacs. You seem to have a deep rooted psychological issue stemming from that night in Montreal many years ago when Duran beat Leonard. It worries me. Did it really effect you that much? You should really consider seeing someone about it.

The only thing you ever post about here is stuff to degrade Duran and all of his insane followers. I still can't believe how you manage to bring him up in threads that don't mention him or have absolutely nothing to do with him. It gets amazingly tedious. On the last page you wrote one of your typical pointless spiels in response to Sweet Petes post about why you would put Mayweather above ALL the other fighters you listed below and you gave a page long essay regarding him vs Duran (Sweet pete didn't even mention Duran, yet you felt the need to once again write an entire essay on him) and how Duran is weak at higher weights and gets his 'ass repeatedly handed to him' and that if Leonard didn't fight then he would've beaten Duran and etc etc etc......

GET THE **** OVER IT....it's really very sad and pathetic. Can't you at least come here to post about something else other than to search for every thread that even just mentions Durans name or has him in some list and trying to take it over with your life long research essays on why Leonard is better and now it would seem that Mayweather is better...

One day you will realise that these things really don't matter and no matter how much you try to change everyones opinion on a certain issue, no one cares. I would suggest that you try to learn to live with the unfortunate fact that Duran did beat Leonard, no matter how much you try to downplay it or make out that any other day he wouldn't, and that you learn to accept it as one of the cruel events life can hand to you. I'll pray for you tonight that you have the strength to overcome this issue that seems to have formed the basis for all your thoughts on this board.
              Last edited by BennyST; 12-19-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Seriously man, what the hell is wrong with you? Your demented obsession with Duran is worse than Panamaniacs. You seem to have a deep rooted psychological issue stemming from that night in Montreal many years ago when Duran beat Leonard. It worries me. Did it really effect you that much? You should really consider seeing someone about it.

The only thing you ever post about here is stuff to degrade Duran and all of his insane followers. I still can't believe how you manage to bring him up in threads that don't mention him or have absolutely nothing to do with him. It gets amazingly tedious. On the last page you wrote one of your typical pointless spiels in response to Sweet Petes post about why you would put Mayweather above ALL the other fighters you listed below and you gave a page long essay regarding him vs Duran (Sweet pete didn't even mention Duran, yet you felt the need to once again write an entire essay on him) and how Duran is weak at higher weights and gets his 'ass repeatedly handed to him' and that if Leonard didn't fight then he would've beaten Duran and etc etc etc......

GET THE **** OVER IT....it's really very sad and pathetic. Can't you at least come here to post about something else other than to search for every thread that even just mentions Durans name or has him in some list and trying to take it over with your life long research essays on why Leonard is better and now it would seem that Mayweather is better...

One day you will realise that these things really don't matter and no matter how much you try to change everyones opinion on a certain issue, no one cares. I would suggest that you try to learn to live with the unfortunate fact that Duran did beat Leonard, no matter how much you try to downplay it or make out that any other day he wouldn't, and that you learn to accept it as one of the cruel events life can hand to you. I'll pray for you tonight that you have the strength to overcome this issue that seems to have formed the basis for all your thoughts on this board.
                Thanks, man. Reading your post was a vicarious and cathartic experience for me. I couldn't have said it better myself, partly because I lacked the energy to do so, and partly because I knew that in each attempt of his to ridicule the legacy of Roberto Durán, he made a bigger ass of himself.

Just one correction: I'm not obsessed with Durán. My avatar and sig is merely a reflection of the pride I have for my native land and my fellow Panamanian's contribution to one of my favorite sports...

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                  Thanks, man. Reading your post was a vicarious and cathartic experience for me. I couldn't have said it better myself, partly because I lacked the energy to do so, and partly because I knew that in each attempt of his to ridicule the legacy of Roberto Durán, he made a bigger ass of himself.

Just one correction: I'm not obsessed with Durán. My avatar and sig is merely a reflection of the pride I have for my native land and my fellow Panamanian's contribution to one of my favorite sports...

Don't worry, I didn't mean it in any insulting way. I was just using it as more of a reference point for his mania than anything else. Anyway, at least you post about everything and everyone here and not just on one subject time after time. I don't really see you denigrating any specific fighters around here over and over. Some peoples jealousy knows no bounds when their idol has lost to another that they can't stand.

We all have a favourite fighter or fighters and sometimes people get a bit carried away with wanting theirs to be the best and in doing so end up denigrating other great fighters and themselves for no other reason than trying to prove a point that is only valid in their mind.

One point I keep seeing brought up is that supposedly Duran fans make up constant excuses for him and yet I see more excuses coming from Wpink than from anyone else, especially about 'if Leonard had boxed and not fought then he would have won and Duran would just be seen as another fighter'. The hypocrisy that comes from that guys mouth while trying to disguise it with his 'facts' is ridiculous. Although no matter what is said or what happens, people like that need something to grasp onto to validate their existence and their opinion will never change no matter how ridiculous it gets.

Anyway, as a fan of all fighters it annoys me to see someone consistently put down a great fighter on a discussion forum about all facets of boxing just because his favourite fighter was beaten by him. Wherever I seem to go on this board that even mentions Durans name in passing, suddenly up pops one of his essays ridiculing his legacy as a great fighter always coming back to the same points over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Bravo sir!

Comment

1. PBF
                      2. Rocky Marciano
                      3. Sugar Ray Robinson
                      4. Greb
                      5. Duran
                      6. Sugar Ray Leonard
                      7.RJJ
                      8. La Motta
                      9. Ali
                      10. Willie Pep