• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Frank Warren ruining boxing

Is Frank Warren ruining boxing

Originally posted by Brian13 View Post
    Is Frank Warren ruining boxing
    has done for the last 15 years or so, If only Terry Marsh had a better aim we would'nt be have this chat

Comment

i dont think he's ruining it, its just a shame that the british boxing scene is getting to the point of 'if your not with frank warren' we aint heard of you, e.g. the fact pretty much no one went out to france for the haye unification.

why do you ask this question?

Comment

Originally posted by dansapien View Post
        i dont think he's ruining it, its just a shame that the british boxing scene is getting to the point of 'if your not with frank warren' we aint heard of you, e.g. the fact pretty much no one went out to france for the haye unification.

why do you ask this question?
        he is monopolising the british boxing scene, but at least Sky TV stood up to him

I love Terry Marsh

Comment

yeah, sky didnt quite stand up to him as much as terry marsh did i guess.

I dont know about him monopolising the british scene, sure he's got the cash and the big events, but you cant force people to get involved, and maybe hennessy et al should get a bit more pro active.

Comment

mick hennessy is an up and coming promoter but casual fans wise, frank warren is the only one they know

Comment

Originally posted by dansapien View Post
              yeah, sky didnt quite stand up to him as much as terry marsh did i guess.

I dont know about him monopolising the british scene, sure he's got the cash and the big events, but you cant force people to get involved, and maybe hennessy et al should get a bit more pro active.
              they need to get media coverage, Wank Warren uses his news paper column to diss any fighter who wont work with him (Hatton, Haye, Froch), we need more from the others Mahoney etc and where is Barry Hearn these days, he should put down his darts and get matchroom boxing back, not his biggest fan but he did get WBC fights

Comment

To have a balanced arguement here...

Pro Warren:

He does bring boxing to the masses... boxing is back on ITV with his fighters winning monthly on the tv. I think a reemergence has occurred as of late (perhaps not just to Amir Khan and the regular ITV programmes) but I think Warren should have some credit. Warrens meddling and protective management style have brought us some paper-British champions... so having more champions can't be a bad thing.

Anti Warren-

Watching his Warren fighters regularlly batter old men or journey men is boring. As is watching the 4 fat black men bash each other (Harrison, Sprott, Skelton and Harrison). Erm.. he protects his fighters too much. But he's not the only one whose guilty of this.

I would say Warren protects his fighters... as they all do... but Warren doesn't ever let them go. Of cause you've gotta keep a fighter at the right level until they are ready. But for some Warren fighters, that day will never come.

Comment

exactly, hennessy has some great fighters.

And warrens Sun colomn appears at times to have been written by a fifteen year old who talks crap when he doesnt get his own way. But that is part of the sport.

I like the way he's doing everything he can to get the haye/enzo fight, and its making him look desperate. **** that fight, i want haye to get to heavyweight immediately and start sorting things out.

and yeah, where has hearns gone.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
                    To have a balanced arguement here...

Pro Warren:

He does bring boxing to the masses... boxing is back on ITV with his fighters winning monthly on the tv. I think a reemergence has occurred as of late (perhaps not just to Amir Khan and the regular ITV programmes) but I think Warren should have some credit. Warrens meddling and protective management style have brought us some paper-British champions... so having more champions can't be a bad thing.

Anti Warren-

Watching his Warren fighters regularlly batter old men or journey men is boring. As is watching the 4 fat black men bash each other (Harrison, Sprott, Skelton and Harrison). Erm.. he protects his fighters too much. But he's not the only one whose guilty of this.

I would say Warren protects his fighters... as they all do... but Warren doesn't ever let them go. Of cause you've gotta keep a fighter at the right level until they are ready. But for some Warren fighters, that day will never come.
                    he's only went back to ITV becasue Sky wont work with him, and he tried to tell us he is bring it back to the people ( he did but did'nt want to), list of hand picked fighters (if fighters is what you call them) for his stable, poor judges and a need to run the WBO for some reason, and was gutted when Hatten left him, so he went a 6 month media campain dissing the Hitman.
                    I do mention Terry Marsh a lot, but if you read how he was ripped off by Warren then dropped like a stone you wiil have so sympathy for trying to kill the slimy ****a

PS congrats on Sheff Wed other night, see what happens when you put a geordie in charge, he will turn it around
                    Last edited by col Blake; 11-28-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X