Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Simpson ROBBED!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely disgusting decision! I am totally gobsmacked, i had it Simpson win by 2 points. Puts me off watching ITV's coverage.

Comment

I had Matthews winning, but 117 was the highest score he could achieve so that judge needs disciplining for an atrocious score.

The cut was a big factor though and I don't think I had Simpson winning many rounds once it started affecting him. Matthews is **** though and could easily have been DQ'd. He's going nowhere.

The standard of commentary was woeful as well. All in all it was an extremely disappointing card.

What rounds did you guys give to Simpson then? I saw him being outlanded from the cut onwards.

EDIT: I think I had 115-112 Matthews or 114-113, but I didn't think it was that difficult to score. To be honest though, I haven't really got a scooby doo compared to some of you guys!
      Last edited by OptimusWolf; 03-11-2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
        I had Matthews winning, but 117 was the highest score he could achieve so that judge needs disciplining for an atrocious score.

The cut was a big factor though and I don't think I had Simpson winning many rounds once it started affecting him. Matthews is **** though and could easily have been DQ'd. He's going nowhere.

The standard of commentary was woeful as well. All in all it was an extremely disappointing card.

What rounds did you guys give to Simpson then? I saw him being outlanded from the cut onwards.
        EDIT: I think I had 115-112 Matthews or 114-113, but I didn't think it was that difficult to score. To be honest though, I haven't really got a scooby doo compared to some of you guys!
        I agree with most of this i had Matthews winning by 1 point,due to his dirty tactics he should have been dq'd but after the cut started he won virtually every round.In all, it was a bad fight and Simpson was unlucky.Im sure he would have won by stoppage had it not been for the cut.Neither fighter looks like they could go beyond British domestic level to be honest.

Comment

No way was it a UD for Mathews. Matthews should have beed DQ, he got simpson in the headlock twice ruffing the cut up. Was a fixed to be UD.

Was stevie gerrard paid to watch the fight last nite or what? He looked like he didnt want to be there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Chaw View Post
            No way was it a UD for Mathews. Matthews should have beed DQ, he got simpson in the headlock twice ruffing the cut up. Was a fixed to be UD.

Was stevie gerrard paid to watch the fight last nite or what? He looked like he didnt want to be there lol.
            Yeah that made me laugh my arse off. I bet he didnt realise that it would go on for so long. It was a bit bizarre him and Carragher being there, and when they interviewed Gerrard about Matthews he clearly didnt really know.

And this was yet another case of a Frank Warren fighter getting a gift decision, along with Mbaye. Did you see Vann's face when the first score was read out? It was a picture. And ITV didnt pick up on the fact that it's impossible to score 118 with a knockdown and a 2 point deduction. They truly are useless ****s. I wouldnt be surprised if ITV dropped their boxing coverage though to be honest, they get too many fights like last night.

Comment

i didnt watch the fight just seen the replays, that cut was nasty

Comment

i wanted derry to win at the start but after all that **** he should have been DQ, bad performance and i cant see him doing anything past British or wbu title. i am not a fan of Mickey van and i don’t think he should be able to judge after that performance. I don’t think ITV will drop boxing though as some of there bigger fighters have been getting good viewing figures.

Comment

Mickey Vann is one of the reasons that a lot of international boxing fans consider the UK a bad place to fight. He is Warren's go to man, judging or reffing. I mean how he didn't deduct a point from Hatton against Tszyu is beyond me. You could tell he thought Matthews should have been DQ's but he didn't have the cahunas to do it to a Warren "prospect".

The more I think about it, some of the stuff Matthews was doing was so dirty that he deserves to lose all his support. Deliberately aggravating a cut whilst in a clinch shows a complete lack of respect and sportsmanship.

Comment

Frank Warren's demeanor irritates me.....the way he always looks like he's sweating, and keeps brushing that quiff back which is gradually moving to the back of his head.....i`m sure he's bribed his fair share of refs and judges, or at least lent on them....he's bad for boxing , plus he looks like a fish.

Comment

He is repugnant, kind of like a cross between a natterjack toad and one of those flat headed bootom feeder fish.

He's done well for himself, but the way Calzaghe's career has meandered really annoys me, and I'm not a fan of the WBU route. Should be British---Commonwealth---- European---- title shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X