Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Show a Non-Boxing Fan 1 Fight What Would it Be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Great story man.
    thanks mate ....we all are boxers at heart so have a good weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      AJ/Wlad for me.
      What an intriguing battle?
      you came to late to the party mate unfortunately .....nothing was like the 80’ and sheer number of epic fights but we have YouTube I guess

Comment

Probably Canelo-GGG 1.

And when he looks at me funny, and says, "Well, I kinda thought the other guy won" I can tell him, "Get used to it"

Welcome to boxing.

Comment

Castillo vs Corrales!

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            you came to late to the party mate unfortunately .....nothing was like the 80’ and sheer number of epic fights but we have YouTube I guess
            I sometimes think the same thing knowing I missed out on the 70s heavyweight scene or on Ali/Clay in the '60s, along with Liston.

Do you post in any Facebook groups? I thought I saw someone with the same avatar in a group on there too.

Comment

I sometimes think the same thing knowing I missed out on the 70s heavyweight scene or on Ali/Clay in the '60s, along with Liston.

Do you post in any Facebook groups? I thought I saw someone with the same avatar in a group on there too.
              no it’s not me mate...don’t use Facebook much anymore to be honest ....just use this site to air my views as 90% of posters know there boxing on here.
              I don’t know how you feel about it but I’ve always been drawn more to the Lower weights from feather to middleweights although there were so many at heavyweight.
              I think you see a lot more technical ability and awe inspiring fights from the lower weights than the big guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                no it’s not me mate...don’t use Facebook much anymore to be honest ....just use this site to air my views as 90% of posters know there boxing on here.
                I don’t know how you feel about it but I’ve always been drawn more to the Lower weights from feather to middleweights although there were so many at heavyweight.
                I think you see a lot more technical ability and awe inspiring fights from the lower weights than the big guys.
                I just like the ones with the longest title lineages, I guess and most ATGs. So for me, that's lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight. I know I'm leaving out 3 because there were 8 weight classes originally though. So that leaves what feather, fly and straw? Oddly enough, I'll only watch the smaller guys if someone is really dominant by KOs or sometimes on the scorecards. Like the early Gamboa fights at feather, watched some Finito Lopez video a few years back too.

Comment

I just like the ones with the longest title lineages, I guess and most ATGs. So for me, that's lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight. I know I'm leaving out 3 because there were 8 weight classes originally though. So that leaves what feather, fly and straw? Oddly enough, I'll only watch the smaller guys if someone is really dominant by KOs or sometimes on the scorecards. Like the early Gamboa fights at feather, watched some Finito Lopez video a few years back too.
                  probably from feather up to light heavyweight although when Holyfield came along the cruiserweights became much more interesting to watch.
                  Salvador Sanchez , Wilfredo Gomez , arguello , azumah nelson , Jeff fenech were amazing to watch.
                  But of course the welters and middleweight were the godfathers for me to watch

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -If they don't watch boxing, a long fight or a brutal KO is a NYET!

I'd show a mid rounds result of strongly contrasting scientific fighters with good ebb and flow resulting in a dramatic clean lights out KO.

Maybe the Paul Williams/Sergio Martinez rematch.

Canelo/Khan or Cottos older brother who proved problematic in the beginning that he KOed mid rds as a 19 yr old kid.

The Foreman/ Frazier rematch where Joe changed his style to last mid rds.

AJ/Wlad an excellent example of old lion passing the pride to the new lion after a fight for the ages has that history angle for those buffs.
                    Klit lost his pride against Tyson Fury.

Fury is the one who ended the Klitschko era.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Klit lost his pride against Tyson Fury.

Fury is the one who ended the Klitschko era.
                      - -Fury won the initial fight nobody wants to watch.

Wlad won the WAR when he sent Fury fleeing to the hinterlands of scraping the bottom of the humanity barrel.

Comment

Working...
                      X