No announcement yet.

"Who's Keith Thurman?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who's Keith Thurman?"

Reading The Ring every month and you always get good stories.

Sean Gibbons, president of Manny Pacquiao’s MP promotions, traveled to Pacquiao’s hometown of General Santos in the Philippines and met with him along with Pacquiao’s attorney in April 2019.

“We’re at Mannys compound and told him we just need a few minutes to run this by you about an opponent for July.
    Manny asked, ‘Who is it?’
    We said welterweight champ Keith Thurman.
    He looked at me and his exact words were, ‘Who’s Keith Thurman?’
    I get on my phone and I show him some clips of Thurman’s fight with Josesito Lopez, and he said OK.
    You’d think there’s this big in-depth thing that goes into it, but this guy [Manny] doesn’t care who he fights.”

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    Reading The Ring every month and you always get good stories.

Sean Gibbons, president of Manny Pacquiao’s MP promotions, traveled to Pacquiao’s hometown of General Santos in the kkPhilippines and met with him along with Pacquiao’s attorney in April 2019.

“We’re at Mannys compound and told him we just need a few minutes to run this by you about an opponent for July.
    Manny asked, ‘Who is it?’
    We said welterweight champ Keith Thurman.
    He looked at me and his exact words were, ‘Who’s Keith Thurman?’
    I get on my phone and I show him some clips of Thurman’s fight with Josesito Lopez, and he said OK.
    You’d think there’s this big in-depth thing that goes into it, but this guy [Manny] doesn’t care who he fights.”
    - -Manny being groomed for the Philippine presidency for 10 yrs now.

Boxing just a part time income generator.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Manny being groomed for the Philippine presidency for 10 yrs now.

Boxing just a part time income generator.
      https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/08/...atings/760597/

Comment

This is the fighter who Floyd and his fans insisted was ducking him for five years. As if we are supposed to believe a guy who walks into fire, takes on tough rematches and is typically the smaller guy in the ring with harder punchers than Floyd is going to be the one ducking. As if he would want to squander his prime years.

This is why he is adored by so many fans around the world. His warrior spirit and fearlessness.

Comment

Pacquiao was more afraid of strict drug testing than he was of Floyd.

That's why he refused to make the fight in 2009 when both were closer to prime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

- -U being the untutored sort can be excused for not knowing Floydy set the date and Venue as March 13, 2010 as the starting place of negotiations.

Manny agreed to kick start negotiations.

Obviously need to study up as to how they progressed and then stalemated.

Get back to us, oh maybe a couple of years to give us the TRUE skinny.

Yes U can!

Comment

- -U being the untutored sort can be excused for not knowing Floydy set the date and Venue as March 13, 2010 as the starting place of negotiations.

Manny agreed to kick start negotiations.

Obviously need to study up as to how they progressed and then stalemated.

Get back to us, oh maybe a couple of years to give us the TRUE skinny.

Yes U can!
              Talks were happening in 2009, check the date:

Manny Pacquiao's blood test refusal puts Floyd Mayweather Jr fight at risk
              https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-blood-testing

Before you condescend to correct anyone maybe actually know what you're talking about?

Comment

Talks were happening in 2009, check the date:

Manny Pacquiao's blood test refusal puts Floyd Mayweather Jr fight at risk
                https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-blood-testing

Before you condescend to correct anyone maybe actually know what you're talking about?
                - -Can't help the untutored.

What part of Floyd set the date and venue of their fight as MGM 3-13-2010 don't U understand?

Don't matter if they started negotiations in 500 BC, so take up with U boytoy, not me.

Manny made the date, but not the venue secured in Floydy name. U boy never made the date and forfeited his MGM deposit.

Get U old Auntie to read U the above.

Comment

And Floyd insisting on strict drug testing was a way to not have to fight Manny in his prime, knowing Manny would turn it down at that point. Later Manny was older and more willing to go through the stricter testing because it was the best available fight for him.

Comment

- -Can't help the untutored.

What part of Floyd set the date and venue of their fight as MGM 3-13-2010 don't U understand?

Don't matter if they started negotiations in 500 BC, so take up with U boytoy, not me.

Manny made the date, but not the venue secured in Floydy name. U boy never made the date and forfeited his MGM deposit.

Get U old Auntie to read U the above.
                    What does 2010 have to do with the fact that Pacquiao turned down stricter drug testing in 2009 just as I originally said?

Remove U dentures and take U nap.

Comment

Working...
                    X