Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Rocky Marciano considered the HW GOAT before Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
    are you disputing louis boxed in a weak era?
    I'm not disputing that you're a straight up jerk off who continually posts ignorant shyte on NSB.

Quit dodging the question, do you post for shock value or do you actually believe the incredibly ignorant shyte you post on here?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      I'm not disputing that you're a straight up jerk off who continually posts ignorant shyte on NSB.

Quit dodging the question, do you post for shock value or do you actually believe the incredibly ignorant shyte you post on here?
      rent free

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
        rent free

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
        You live rent free in your grandma's basement? HILARIOUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
          I don't think Marciano was ever considered the GOAT; he reigned in the shadow of Louis and Dempsey.

The Ring Magazine (cover), Marciano another Dempsey?
          - - Dempsey #1 at the 1950 half mark.

Louis was still fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - - Dempsey #1 at the 1950 half mark.

Louis was still fighting.
            Seems about right to me.

One thing I always wondered, because I am weak in the 30s TBH, was; did Jack's fame fall any between the 20s and 50s?

Were the 30s and 40s also favorable to Dempsey?

Comment

- -Nat always rated Jack high. A poll of sports writers was taken for 1950 and it was they who picked Jack, not Nat.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
                And when did he officially lose that title to Ali? He'll never not be 49-0 with one of the highest KO% what changed?
                As far as I know he was not considered the GOAT even when he was active. Joe Louis held that title and may still hold it in the view of many.

Comment

Marciano was never considered the HW GOAT until modern day revisionists came along.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    As far as I know he was not considered the GOAT even when he was active. Joe Louis held that title and may still hold it in the view of many.
                    Boom, this right here. Even as a Marciano fan, I know this.

Comment

The Rockman has always been the GOAT, and those with any sense knew it. He was the toughest man alive. Only one man at a time can say that, by buggery. He fought legends and smashed them up. The man had deceptive defense that made him look sloppy & careless. He was not an oversized galoot like today's heavyweights who tire and puke after a round of action. All Rock has to do is last a few rounds with any of these bum behemoths and he would have them so tired the table would be set. Getting past the first few rounds would not be so easy, but if anyone could, it would be Rock. After that, you know very well Wilder or Joshua would have nothing to deter him, and he would only then be sufficiently warmed up. If the fight got that far, he murders the behemoth bums. Wake up, lads. Galoots are the wrong size to be ATGs.

Comment

Working...
                      X