Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Floyd Mayweather Jr or Jack Dempsey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I simply want to say that Marchegiano and Rusty Tromboni can both craft some well constructed arguments and counter-arguments. The give and take between y'all is like watching a boxing match between equals.

I don't know who was better, Dempsey or Mayweather but I'll accept what you two wind up agreeing on.
    Last edited by OldTerry; 11-24-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
      To the boldface, I never thought anything less. I love debating you.

To the rest, we been there, so have a good night.

It's fall in New York, take a long walk with your woman, best time of the year to hit the city streets; wish I was there.
      We take bike rides around the pond down the block at the park. Getting a bit cold but had a nice couple of days in the 60's recently. We'll be outside deep frying a turkey come Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving, Bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
        you just hate dempsey because of your obvious racism
        Not at all.

I'm actually a huge Jack Dempsey fan and have stated numerous times how his "Championship Boxing" book has been very useful to me in learning how to box.

But when you take a close look at his resume it's pretty terrible.

Comment

• Dempsey was far superior to both Marciano and Frazier. Dempsey was ULTRA quick in his prime and could box well while Rocky lacked that speed and cleverness.

Frazier had the will to win of an ATG. His deficits were the lack of two fisted punching coordination and right hand power. (he never knocked any opponent down with his right hand...a record). He was also, by his own words, slow of foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Not at all.

I'm actually a huge Jack Dempsey fan and have stated numerous times how his "Championship Boxing" book has been very useful to me in learning how to box.

But when you take a close look at his resume it's pretty terrible.
            better than floyd doe.

in every objective way

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
              Maybe it's racist, maybe it isn't.

There is a theory, the 'half of the people' theory.

You're really not a star until half of the people love you AND half of the people hate you.

Whatever you might think of Donald Trump, according to the 'half of the people' theory, Trump is a superstar.

Joe Frazier was merely a celebrity for a while, half of the people loved him; on the other hand Muhammad Ali was a star.

Dempsey was an awesome fighter, one of the best to climb between the ropes, it's why the people of his day were in awe of him; why he is still today a legend.

Posters like, Shoulder, T, Jab, don't realize when they howl against Dempsey they're unwittingly testifying to his greatness.

It's probably just a 'half of the people,' thing, that's all.
              your theory is flawed..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
                better than floyd doe.

in every objective way
                Not even close. And the poll results support that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Not even close.

dempsey would be undefeated with a 100% ko streak if he fought the same bums as mayweather

carpentier, willard, firpo etc would bodybag floyd and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    We take bike rides around the pond down the block at the park. Getting a bit cold but had a nice couple of days in the 60's recently. We'll be outside deep frying a turkey come Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving, Bro.
                    - -U be deep frying U candy carcass?

Floydy got dibs on on the gizzard and drumsticks?

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -U be deep frying U candy carcass?

Floydy got dibs on on the gizzard and drumsticks?
                      You're boring. Back in the iggy bin you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X