No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Range On The AT P4P List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's Range On The AT P4P List

The Pacman is definitely somewhere on the all time top 100 P4P list. Some would say certainly the top 50 list. Some think top 10-20, or even higher.

Where do you place Pacquiao on the AT P4P list? That is, which range?

1-10
    11-20
    21-30
    31-40
    41-50
    51-60
    51-70
    71-80
    81-90
    91-100

I place him between 10-15. ATG, P4P
    Disclaimer: I've only been following boxing for 20 years, I confess to know almost nothing of the overall history of the sport

Comment

Wow

PAC is goat

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson number 1 Manny Pacquaio number 2

Comment

Paqs greatness was easily trounced by Marques. In any other era Paq is pounded out by many. Paq is not an all-time great...……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Sugar Ray Robinson number 1 Manny Pacquaio number 2
            - -Exactly what the people chose in the largest international poll of the people staged in a weeks long toll free telephone bank staged in Vegas by a handful of boxing writers back around 2011 or so.

Approx 500,000 voted.

Manny holds every Ring p4p record possible to hold.

Comment

21-30, I'd say. Remarkable career that's unlikely to be duplicated any time in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Paqs greatness was easily trounced by Marques. In any other era Paq is pounded out by many. Paq is not an all-time great...……..Rockin'
                - -BALCO Juan needed two training sessions with Memo Herdia to turn the trick and then turned down his largest purse ever...Against a part time fighter and full time senator.

To get clowned by Bradley for Peanuts.

What grade U in now?

Comment

Probably around 20-Lots of people judge based on different things, and it could lead to an apples to oranges type discussion.

Peak, or how good were they it their best 5 or so years compared to their weight classes measured to others historically is my favorite way of doing it. Based on that I'd put him probably around 21-30 or so (shooting from the hip with that, not looking at an actual list).

Longevity, I try not to punish anyone for things theyve done after their prime when evaluating fighters. But if a guy can continue to fight at a high level for a long period after his prime then some reward should be added. Pac has done that, so if you take that into account and combine it with the above it pushes him into the low 20s high teens range. Either this range or the one above, pending which method you like.

I see a lot of people who use accomplishments, which is fine for them but I think they miss context when doing so. There are far more weight classes now than there was in eras gone by, and four or five recognized belts. Moving up and down weight classes never impressed me much as is; collecting belts as such really means less now. I could see citing Pac as the most accomplished this way, but picking up 1 of 85 trinkets shouldnt be compared directly to someone who won a belt 80 years ago.

As for resume, I am sure most people will look at it that way, so they can site that.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -BALCO Juan needed two training sessions with Memo Herdia to turn the trick and then turned down his largest purse ever...Against a part time fighter and full time senator.

To get clowned by Bradley for Peanuts.

What grade U in now?
                    It does not matter what happened after Marques knocked Paq the funk out. Paq finished the fight flat on his face, that is a fact that you can not dispute.

What grade am I in? Take your ball hugging bs back to your playground...…..Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X