No announcement yet.

Was Hagler down against Roldan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Hagler down against Roldan?

It looks like a clean hit. On WBVA it was mentioned and I didn't remember Hagler ever being put down so I checked it out. Thing is it's being said it wasn't a true KD.

Apparently Hagler himself never agreed with the KD ruling.

You can see it in slow motion at the 0:36 mark in that video.

Roldan pulled the back of his head. I say not a knockdown.

Comment

No knockdown for me

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You can see it in slow motion at the 0:36 mark in that video.

Roldan pulled the back of his head. I say not a knockdown.
        Nice catch bud.

Comment

- -Roldan one of them wild swinging KO cavemen Argentines breed for boxing.

Wide overhand lands clean and Hagler down. Marv claims he slipped, so this pull down fantasy just another lowbrow scheme of fantasy experts.

Nor does Marv claim he was tripped and as far as what I've seen, in the day and on video, there was no camera footage of their foot placements that can explain many KD calls.

We have the Vitali vs Sanders footage where early Rd KO southpaw Sanders puts Vitali down with a clean left, yet ruled a slip by the ref with no footwork footage that I've seen.

Net result was Vitali doing a backward sprint to but time for the now desperately chasing Corrie trying to finish him off.

When a fighter get hit clean by a KO puncher, bodies do strange things that make good comedy highlights, but this just a case of Marv leg knee jerking out in reaction to the punch same as Vitali.

Different refs, different fighters, different eras, different refs but same clean punch.

Boxing 101

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Roldan one of them wild swinging KO cavemen Argentines breed for boxing.

Wide overhand lands clean and Hagler down. Marv claims he slipped, so this pull down fantasy just another lowbrow scheme of fantasy experts.

Nor does Marv claim he was tripped and as far as what I've seen, in the day and on video, there was no camera footage of their foot placements that can explain many KD calls.

We have the Vitali vs Sanders footage where early Rd KO southpaw Sanders puts Vitali down with a clean left, yet ruled a slip by the ref with no footwork footage that I've seen.

Net result was Vitali doing a backward sprint to but time for the now desperately chasing Corrie trying to finish him off.

When a fighter get hit clean by a KO puncher, bodies do strange things that make good comedy highlights, but this just a case of Marv leg knee jerking out in reaction to the punch same as Vitali.

Different refs, different fighters, different eras, different refs but same clean punch.

Boxing 101
            Hell man that's how I saw it originally, but, I don't even know how to slow mo a video on youtube. I just noticed after Shoulder said Rol pulled Marv down it does look like his glove is there a while considering how fast the strike itself was, and, given how difficult it is to see its exact placement because of camera angle and the sureness of Shoulder's statement I just figured y'all seen it more clearly in some other clip.

I could not even tell you if that was behind the ear or a little higher up on the head or even lower around the neck to be honest.

Tha WBVA guys are hardly speaking about it, and I guess we are too, but I feel like I missed something big and then when I watched it I could not figure out why folks were saying it's a debatable KD and I'd already missed the boat on the WBVA convo.

You reckon folks just got a hard time accepting someone not so well known or respected KD's an ATG like Marvelous and so make up reasons?

I'll just stay on the fence a while. I can't be going " Oh, well **** I agree with you" every time one of y'all post and bring a new perspective...but, yeah, that is how I saw it myself.

Comment

No knockdown.
              It wasn't a legal punch for starters, It looks like he either hit Hagler with the inside of his forearm or pulled him down. Secondly look at Roldan's left foot. It is suspiciously close to Hagler's right foot. Unfortunately the caption spoils the view but I think he stepped on it.

Comment

Revisionist baloney! That was not a knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  Hell man that's how I saw it originally, but, I don't even know how to slow mo a video on youtube. I just noticed after Shoulder said Rol pulled Marv down it does look like his glove is there a while considering how fast the strike itself was, and, given how difficult it is to see its exact placement because of camera angle and the sureness of Shoulder's statement I just figured y'all seen it more clearly in some other clip.

I could not even tell you if that was behind the ear or a little higher up on the head or even lower around the neck to be honest.

Tha WBVA guys are hardly speaking about it, and I guess we are too, but I feel like I missed something big and then when I watched it I could not figure out why folks were saying it's a debatable KD and I'd already missed the boat on the WBVA convo.

You reckon folks just got a hard time accepting someone not so well known or respected KD's an ATG like Marvelous and so make up reasons?

I'll just stay on the fence a while. I can't be going " Oh, well **** I agree with you" every time one of y'all post and bring a new perspective...but, yeah, that is how I saw it myself.
                  - -It was actually a 2 punch combo, a straight right starts the collapse of Marv followed by the wide left that catches him on the top of his noggin.

Roldan beats him up afterward til the bell. Clearly an awkward style Hagler was forced to solve mid rds. Marv was a fighter and work in progress, no some immaculate god.

This why I'm against instant replay by a committe of idiots who are aleady challenged enough to do basic grade school arithmetic on the cards...only in boxing, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -It was actually a 2 punch combo, a straight right starts the collapse of Marv followed by the wide left that catches him on the top of his noggin.

Roldan beats him up afterward til the bell. Clearly an awkward style Hagler was forced to solve mid rds. Marv was a fighter and work in progress, no some immaculate god.

This why I'm against instant replay by a committe of idiots who are aleady challenged enough to do basic grade school arithmetic on the cards...only in boxing, folks!
                    **** we agree!

I've begin against instant replay ever since I first heard it pitched. One ref alone can make some bad calls. A committee? that's bound to have bad calls all over!

I'm seeing what you're saying as far as Roldan and Marv but I'll let others who reckon they're versed in catching quick punches on grainy videos carry a conversation with you if they so choose. I can't say I don't see it or that I'm hesitant to agree, just that I'm not so sure of my own eyes and like to hear other's opinions, especially those who are confident, on a sequence before I believe myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X