Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Come-From-Behind Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would imagine that Mike Tyson in prison was the best ever at come-from-behind victories.

Comment

Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Jorge Castro vs John David Jackson, hands down.

Also, Iran Barkley knocking out Thomas Hearns in their first fight after being butchered for the first two rounds and a half.

And, of course, Micky Ward vs Alfonso Sanchez.

Your Arturo Gatti fight of choice (...perhaps vs Wilson Rodriguez?)

Finally, let me jump on the Foreman vs Moorer bandwagon...

...but one could argue that the greatest come-from-behind win of all time is Ali vs Foreman
        Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that Ali was ahead on all judges cards at the point of the stoppage over Foreman. I've got a feeling that none of the judges had Foreman ahead at any point in the fight too.
        Last edited by Sugarj; 12-02-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Scrub Weaver KOing scrub Tate with one punch after being tapped on for 15 solid rounds.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that Ali was ahead on all judges cards at the point of the stoppage over Foreman. I've got a feeling that none of the judges had Foreman ahead at any point in the fight too.
              Absolutely. That says a lot about corruption. Like it or not, Foreman did all the dirty work until the very end, when he became a spent force.

However, my point was more idealistic... Ali was considered as good as dead at that time - especially against Foreman - but he produced a shocker. That's why I referred to that as the ultimate come-from-behind win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Absolutely. That says a lot about corruption. Like it or not, Foreman did all the dirty work until the very end, when he became a spent force.

However, my point was more idealistic... Ali was considered as good as dead at that time - especially against Foreman - but he produced a shocker. That's why I referred to that as the ultimate come-from-behind win.
                I'm with you. Foreman had to knock out Ali to get a draw that night

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I'm with you. Foreman had to knock out Ali to get a draw that night
                  Ali was ahead on the scorecards because he was outboxing Foreman and making him look like a fool who had never put on a pair of boxing gloves in his entire life, or a strongman who could only push Ali on the ropes. Not because there was a conspiracy against Foreman going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                    After 2 days no one has mentioned Corrales-Castillo??

Another wild come-from-behind win was Arnold Taylor flattening Romeo Anaya with a single punch... after he himself had been down 4 times.

Shannon Briggs' last-second (literally) win over Liakhovich also comes to mind.
                    4 days and no one has mentioned Archie Moore - Yvonne Durelle.
                    Last edited by NChristo-; 12-04-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo- View Post
                      4 days and no one has mention Archie Moore - Yvonne Durelle.
                      You're right - a classic!

Comment

Working...
                      X