This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    There was a section ban feature, but it didn’t work properly and undisclosed technical challenges has meant that this weapon is no longer in the arsenal.
    It's a shame. Be nice to get this section back to the way it was when I joined here. There have always been trolls, but it seemed less of them back then and they didn't really hang around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      I did.

Several times.

As recently as yesterday.

But since that's a cry for help, and i'm here to educate:

Greb
      Duran
      Lomachenko
      Pep
      Walker
      Canzoneri
      Jofre
      Robinson
      McFarland
      Armstrong
      Loughran
      Leonard, R
      Whitaker
      Leonard, B
      Dempsey

Fighters on the cusp that I don't feel like slotting:
      McGovern, Napoles, Gomez, Conn, Williams, Fitzsimmons, Tunney, Ross, McFarland, Harada, Mayweather, Canto
      How exactly does Loma rank 3rd all time? 😆

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        It's a shame. Be nice to get this section back to the way it was when I joined here. There have always been trolls, but it seemed less of them back then and they didn't really hang around.
        There was trolls back then as well. No need to romanticize the past. There may have been fewer trolls but there was also fewer posters. P4p this era on boxing scene is pretty solid particularly when some old school posters like yourself weigh in.

Comment

How exactly does Loma rank 3rd all time? 😆
          Watch him fight and you'll find out for yourself.

Comment

It's cute watching you two Scissor Sisters go at it. But maybe you'd be happier following a different hobby? Boxing is for grown men after all. Maybe you two would like baking? I bet the are Food Network forums full of fat chicks with low self-esteem where you two would fit right in.

I'm just here to have honest conversation. Not sure how that constitutes "trolling". Unless, of course, you've had your feelings hurt and all your meaningful arguments have expired.

Comment

Watch him fight and you'll find out for yourself.
              Who has he fought? What future ATG's? I love watching him fight. But he hardly belongs in any top 10 all time p4p list. To many other fighter who fought far better competition. But if, if you chose to ignore that fact there isn't much else to say. 😆.

Comment

Who has he fought? What future ATG's? I love watching him fight. But he hardly belongs in any top 10 all time p4p list. To many other fighter who fought far better competition. But if, if you chose to ignore that fact there isn't much else to say. 😆.
                What do you mean who's he fought!?

He doesn't have the scalps that Macho Camacho and Joe Calzaghe have, if that is what you mean....

You couldn't name any ATGs over many "weights" that Langford beat. But you dare ask who Loma beat!?

Rigo and Walters. How's that? Two remarkably skilled fighters. Better actually, in terms of skill, than anyone Duran beat no named Ray Leonard (barely). And I rank Duran above him.

It's not only that... with all the experts' opinions which you love to parrot, I wouldv have thought you'd realize this is the first time in history since McGovern that a Featherweight has become the best Lightweight in the world. Linares, Campbell... even Pedraza, those are all remarkable performances.

A lot more impressive than Langford losing to Jeanette or Robinson losing to Maxim.

Comment

Does anyone really believe that Langford isn't the poor man's Jimmy McLarnin?

At best.

Probably a dry-run of Young Stribling is a better fit.

Comment

He isn't even a top 5 Featherweight. Hell, he wasn't even the best in his own day!
                    But you think he's top 15 P4P!?!?
                    - -I know Sonny.

U pose in U little tighties ain't evidence of higher learning.

Comment

What do you mean who's he fought!?

He doesn't have the scalps that Macho Camacho and Joe Calzaghe have, if that is what you mean....

You couldn't name any ATGs over many "weights" that Langford beat. But you dare ask who Loma beat!?

Rigo and Walters. How's that? Two remarkably skilled fighters. Better actually, in terms of skill, than anyone Duran beat no named Ray Leonard (barely). And I rank Duran above him.

It's not only that... with all the experts' opinions which you love to parrot, I wouldv have thought you'd realize this is the first time in history since McGovern that a Featherweight has become the best Lightweight in the world. Linares, Campbell... even Pedraza, those are all remarkable performances.

A lot more impressive than Langford losing to Jeanette or Robinson losing to Maxim.
                      I'll give you the short list.

Lightweight - Joe Gans win
                      Welterweight - Joe Walcott draw
                      Middleweight - Stanley Ketchel win
                      Lightheavyweight - Philadelphia Jack O'Brien win
                      Heavyweight - Harry Wills win

I could go on with other All time and HOF fighters, but their is really no need.

Comment

Working...
                      X