Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best P4P relative athletic attributes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -P4P based on results presumably with a healthy mix of bigger, stronger opponents, ie Pak.

So today the multi division hoppers are exhaulted over all others save the stint Wlad had as he was becoming a record setter.

Comment

Not to hijack. But we talk about guys like Ali, Camacho, Taylor and Khan... but Robinson's hands were as fast, and could put you to sleep.

He was as much a Mugabi as he was a Taylor. He was as much a Wilder was he was an Ali.

I kinda like Gomez for his completeness of physical talents. Maybe fighters in earlier eras exceeded him. But I think he's a good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
        Not to hijack. But we talk about guys like Ali, Camacho, Taylor and Khan... but Robinson's hands were as fast, and could put you to sleep.

He was as much a Mugabi as he was a Taylor. He was as much a Wilder was he was an Ali.

I kinda like Gomez for his completeness of physical talents. Maybe fighters in earlier eras exceeded him. But I think he's a good starting point.
        Robby's hands were not quite as fast as the fastest fighters'. Of course that was as a middleweight when he was no longer prime. He was a bit faster as a welterweight, as film clips clearly show. Better technique in general than all of them, but not quite as fast as some. Certainly not as fast as Roy Jones, for instance. Howard Davis definitely faster; Leonard too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Robby's hands were not quite as fast as the fastest fighters'. Of course that was as a middleweight when he was no longer prime. He was a bit faster as a welterweight, as film clips clearly show. Better technique in general than all of them, but not quite as fast as some. Certainly not as fast as Roy Jones, for instance. Howard Davis definitely faster; Leonard too.
          Robinson also didn't have the medicine cabinet those guys had.

But really, having fast hands and effective punching are different things. None of those guys could crack like Ray.

But speaking of power-punchers w/ hand speed. Tommy's jab was nice. It was the worst thing Duran ever saw in his near half-century-long boxing career.

Comment

Queensbree will never grasp it. But I can tell you Ali was the fastest fighter class4class. No blowed up featherweight could match him, by Jove. Any natural featherweight would be lucky to match him, even if he wasn't blowed up.

If Valuev is the strongest P4P boxer ever, I guess this hands down makes him flat the strongest man ever.

I'll give you a hint, son. Around here we do not engage the Queen in serious discussion, but stand back and guffaw with awe.

only our queenbee would select Valuev for "strength" when Valuev has gigaintism? If that is not Polish I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

only our queenbee would select Valuev for "strength" when Valuev has gigaintism? If that is not Polish I don't know what is.
              - -Pretty sure having seen Ali in his undefeated prime, I'm faster afoot and hand, but I'm untested in the ring, so it don't matter.

Nowhere near as strong as Valuev, but doubtless stronger than you, and a so what moment arrives.

Is you man or mouse? We wanna know!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Pretty sure having seen Ali in his undefeated prime, I'm faster afoot and hand, but I'm untested in the ring, so it don't matter.

Nowhere near as strong as Valuev, but doubtless stronger than you, and a so what moment arrives.

Is you man or mouse? We wanna know!
                picking Valuev for strength, you gave me good and proper chuckle on that one. Oh yeah! those cases of Gigantism are power lifters! Valuev crushed a grape once with that fearsome punch a his...

I don't know queenbee you might want to challenge the guy who played the robot in "the day the Earth Stood Still" before regular ole me...As he also suffered from Valuev's affliction. But yes on the gigantism hierarchy I am sure you could be very fast comparably speaking.

Comment

It's simple, really--the man with the most steam wins. Now I am not saying steam is the most important attribute, but it is right up there, by Sneezy.

Comment

It's simple, really--the man with the most steam wins. Now I am not saying steam is the most important attribute, but it is right up there, by Sneezy.
                    - -The Stanley bros in 1907 set the unofficial world record @200mph with their 2cylinder steamer at Daytona Beach, Floriduh.

Not official because they went airborne for a flight longer than the Wright bros. Bros were really big back then. Only recently have infernal combustion engines been produced in stock form to match 200mph. Just don't do it on Daytona Beach.

Trivia: Did you know 100% of the world's electric cars are actually steam powered.

Cogitation exercise moment 4U.

Comment

The Stanley Steamer of Ketchel was greatly feared in its day.

Comment

Working...
                      X