No announcement yet.

Chavez a top 10 Lightweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    José Luis Ramírez won the fight against Alexis, dropped him and did a better job.

That was a huge robbery
    lol no.......

Comment

Top 1 or 2 junior welterweight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by repsa View Post
        Top 1 or 2 junior welterweight for sure.
        based of what doe?

Comment

I thought Benny Leonard or Roberto Duran was the #1 lightweight of all time though. And how come Leonard only had 7 defenses in all the years he held the lightweight title?

Comment

- -NY commish politically appointed and NY politics hostile then and now against boxers as were many states and territories.

Comment

Of course he is.......

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I thought Benny Leonard or Roberto Duran was the #1 lightweight of all time though. And how come Leonard only had 7 defenses in all the years he held the lightweight title?
                Is that a serious question? Or one of your attempts a joke?

I'd love to help you out here (though, you shouldn't need it), but this feels like a set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                  Is that a serious question? Or one of your attempts a joke?

I'd love to help you out here (though, you shouldn't need it), but this feels like a set-up.
                  I come here to learn about boxing history. So either educate or STFU. It's been said here before that it was either Benny Leonard, Barney Ross or Roberto Duran. Was looking for confirmation. So if you'd like to help, then help or leave me alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    I come here to learn about boxing history. So either educate or STFU. It's been said here before that it was either Benny Leonard, Barney Ross or Roberto Duran. Was looking for confirmation. So if you'd like to help, then help or leave me alone.
                    out of Midol?

Fighters would fight for money and recognition. Determing a number one contender could be difficult then, too. So facing fighters between championship fights made sense both financially and with respect to the integrity of the sport.

Look at MMA: see the drama caused when Mcgregor won the Featherweight belt, then spent a year settling things w/ Diaz at Welterweight... then won the Lightweight belt... then pursued Mayweather in Boxing... then made a half-ass attempt against Nurmagomedov?

McGregor can't be faulted. And neither can the contenders for "not being good enough". But you see the trouble had there in a sport controlled by one company, where millions of dollar and endless exposure can be enjoyed.

Leonard was not unique. And when Louis sought to profit from making championship bouts of almost every fight he fought, he was derided for holding "the bum of the month club".

Khaosi Galaxy had countless defenses in a division that should have never existed. How many people do you think you could pick him up out of a line up of Dry Cleaners?

Comment

I agree, I would not classify him as a LW, I always gave it 10 fights at a particular weight for my own personal mark before saying a fighter should be counted in a certain weight class, I think 10 bouts at a weight is a good measurement.

Comment

Working...
                      X