Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kayo artist Bob Foster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foster vs Spinks would be a compelling fight.

Comment

--- No offense to Foster admirers of which I am one, Spinks all day every day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Foster was the idol of Keith Richards. Look at the veins in that arm.
        5h1thead!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Just watched this highlight reel of Bob Foster.

Man some of these fights looks like only inches away from fatalities.

Some of the ko's are well known. Others I've never seen before.

If you like brutal power, this is a treat:

The dude was amazing. True legend. Probably the greatest Cruiserweight there never was.

Personally, I think a lot of Light Heavyweights were better than him, but I think that jab keeps him surprisingly competitive against some grand fighters who'd ultimately out-box him.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            --- No offense to Foster admirers of which I am one, Spinks all day every day.
            I dunno. He was akward and surprisingly dangerous. But I just don't see him negotiating Foster's jab, when Foster realizes that is what he needs to resort to when he needs to solve the Spinks Puzzle. Which eventually Foster does, to find a home for his left hook.

Michael is dangerous, but he's not putting Foster away. He'll be to worried about trying to survive, anyway.

Comment

IMO the GOAT at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Foster was the idol of Keith Richards. Look at the veins in that arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                  The dude was amazing. True legend. Probably the greatest Cruiserweight there never was.

Personally, I think a lot of Light Heavyweights were better than him, but I think that jab keeps him surprisingly competitive against some grand fighters who'd ultimately out-box him.
                  Against Roy Jones?

Comment

This is the single light heavyweight mythical matchup that interests me most. Archie Moore had the chin and savvy to make it rough and perhaps beat either one, and a few others the mobility that might have worked, but it is these two I want to see fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      Against Roy Jones?
                      Idon't think we ever saw Roy at his best. There was no one good enough to bring that out of him. However, I think he's skilled enough and smart enough to make it a very long night for Foster. He'll have to rely on exactly those skills which he seemed to purposefully disregard in his career, but I'm sure he had in his toolbox.

To Foster's advantage: 1) more rounds, 2) smaller gloves, 3) a scary long jab, 4) face-melting power.

It is hard to call a winner, but I suspect Foster eventually gets him out of there late in the fight. I just don't know how good of a pure-Boxer Jones was; and how long he could stay on his bike before tiring and settling on the ropes. Both men, on their best night, are going to make it a classic.

Comment

Working...
                      X