Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
    I've seen all available footage.
    And how many fights is that?

I don't keep track with old fight films like that so despite your cute response it was a legit question.

And I know that you're refusing to because you know the hype that you've bought into will come crashing down when confronted by hard evidence.
    I've watched enough old timey footage to know boxing was different in different eras. And those old timey guys are damn near competing in another sport if you ask me.

I got no ego in this. I'm no Jack Johnson fanboy or anything close to that. I just don't appreciate mfers dogging old timey fighters with this bs atg silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      And how many fights is that?

I don't keep track with old fight films like that so despite your cute response it was a legit question.

I've watched enough old timey footage to know boxing was different in different eras. And those old timey guys are damn near competing in another sport if you ask me.

I got no ego in this. I'm no Jack Johnson fanboy or anything close to that. I just don't appreciate mfers dogging old timey fighters with this bs atg silliness.
      Then what 5he fcuk are you on about. It sounds like you're just lonely and need someone to talk to.

Watch Billy Conn and Tommy Loughran. Tell me what Jack Johnson does better than them.

Besides dodge dangerous opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
        Then what 5he fcuk are you on about. It sounds like you're just lonely and need someone to talk to.
        It sounds like you can't answer basic questions about this subject.

Comment

Jack "Chappie" Blackburn was another of the old-time black fighters who Johnson avoided. Particularly after getting schooled by Blackburn in a sparring match. Here is an interesting expert from an article I found:

The bad blood between Blackburn and Johnson was first spilled in 1908. Johnson had issued an open challenge for a sparring session in a Philadelphia gym, an offer that Blackburn had taken the soon-to-be champion up on, leaving a crimson stream pouring from Johnson’s nose and tarnishing that “golden smile” so reviled by the author of White Fang and Call of the Wild. On December 30th, four days after Johnson’s victory over Tommy Burns, the poker game Blackburn played with his older brother Fred, who had insulted Jack’s white common-law wife Maud Pillian, had devolved into a heated altercation. Fred slashed Jack’s face with a knife, resulting in the jagged semi-circular scar raising the flesh from beside his left eye to just below the bottom lip. Only two weeks later, the intervention of Blackburn and his friend Alonzo Polk only threw fuel onto the fire of an argument between Maud and Polk’s wife Matilda.

Jack shot Polk to death, once each in the neck and stomach, and reportedly struck Matilda in the back as she attempted to flee the scene, though she survived. Maud also caught an errant bullet during the pandemonium. Some accounts erroneously attribute a triple murder to Blackburn, suggesting a tangled web of lustful deceit which may or may not have been the case. What is certain is that, having been sentenced to 15 years for manslaughter, Blackburn appealed to Booker T. Washington, Sam Langford, and new world champion Jack Johnson for legal assistance and moral support. While Langford and Washington did what they could, Johnson-still mindful of the embarrassing beating suffered at Blackburn’s hands-is said to have replied, “Let the sonofa***** stay in jail.”

Comment

Bull****.

In 1908 Johnson was at the top of his game and became hwt champion of the world scaling just below 200 pounds. In 1908 Blackburn was fighting as a 147 pound welterweight. Any punch at any time from Johnson would end the fight.
            Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
              Bull****.

In 1908 Johnson was at the top of his game and became hwt champion of the world scaling just below 200 pounds. In 1908 Blackburn was fighting as a 147 pound welterweight. Any punch at any time from Johnson would end the fight.
              ^^^^^^This.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                Bull****.

Blackburn fought Langford six times, only losing once. He schooled Johnson in sparring. He fought much better opposition than Johnson and as you can see from Johnson’s resume he liked fighting the little guys, unless of course they posed a legit threat. Blackburn would have posed a legit threat.

Comment

Again. Complete bull****. You should be ashamed of yourself.
                  Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    I’m afraid to go to Vegas.... and play game of chance with you.... I can’t push all in.... you can... shalom... Satan is afraid of shooting craps against you...

You always welcome in my home...

Let’s be friends.... dayuuum ..

Zaroku aka paul m... I’m honored if you are my friends..

I’m gonna ask you this... pandas, coalas ****I can’t spell for shiet) I’m driven to picky wimmin... dogs... my dogs don’t listen to me... whatkinda man am I.... everyone on this site is a Kung fu samurai (plastic sword) ninja, assi-assi9ne crouching **** hidden maricon puto ... my wife reads this crap and asks me... why do you even reply to guys... who ask you to keep producing more facts.... to their fiction... she always end it ...our conversation with... if money wasn’t coming in... I’d beat you bad.... I’m not lying... she has beat me... real good.. then blamed me for slapping me up... I’m ****ed like that...

If she beats you I am sure you must deserve it. Say, is she an extra large woman? We have been looking for an enforcer around here. Would you consider filming some of her violence for us? Even some highlights would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      If she beats you I am sure you must deserve it. Say, is she an extra large woman? We have been looking for an enforcer around here. Would you consider filming some of her violence for us? Even some highlights would be fine.
                      I hear tell from a mutual friend named Jamie that she's about a size 14 and is reliable when it comes to helping with loading stuff into a van.

Comment

Working...
                      X