No announcement yet.

Michael Moorer vs Max Baer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Yup... Some of your gym mates confirm this Rockin'! Moorer was very skilled. Bauer had his punch and his moments but I think Moorer, coming in at his best could win.

The irony here is that getting both guys at their best was a hard fight in itself.
    Moorer could certainly outbox him, especially if Baer came in in a mood to clown. If Baer gets a chance to connect clean with that right hand, though, Moorer wakes up with the ring doc looking over him. Baer had legit one-punch power.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

So 'rock' would never land a shot against anybody descent who fought in the defensive genius that was the 90s?

Two men answer the bell to fight. To believe that either fighter is going to fight 10+ rounds with out getting hit is just simply childish.

..................Rockin'
      not fighting exactly how he fought no way to obsolete and basic, I don't believe anything i can see every obsolete tech and flaw they had in his time it looks horrible The average 90s guy didn't have any of those obsolete tech and flaws at all; they would easily be able to counter everything because they already fought way more advanced guys., For you to think rock would land is insane, I deal with what's on video only, no thoughts i use my eyes
      Last edited by Ascended; 02-07-2024, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• You deal with videos, bravo!

I dealt with the sport first hand.

Tell me again how many fighters fight for 10+ rounds with out being hit.

.................Rockin'

Comment

You deal with videos, bravo!

I dealt with the sport first hand.

Tell me again how many fighters fight for 10+ rounds with out being hit.

.................Rockin'
          you claim to have experience in the sport, you should be able to recognize then how outdated the fighting style of the rock era was. they would have been easily defeated if they fought in the 70s-90s. During those years, no one fought in the same styles as,This is not a coincidence. They wouldn't even allow fighters like Rock to enter the ring with mid-carders during that time, unless it was an easy payday. I can find multiple matches where fighters who were terrible in the 70s-90s were used as warm-up matches for amateurs or fighters in their early pro careers. These pro matches usually took place as the second or fourth fight. Although these fighters were not skilled for their era, they still appeared more advanced compared to fighters in the Rock era.

that's not impressive when it was vs guys with tech of his era way easier to do, like you're bragging on that is just ******, no one did that in 70s-90s shouldn't that tell you something man the skill level was way harder
          Last edited by Ascended; 02-07-2024, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

you claim to have experience in the sport, you should be able to recognize then how outdated the fighting style of the rock era was. they would have been easily defeated if they fought in the 70s-90s. During those years, no one fought in the same styles as,This is not a coincidence. They wouldn't even allow fighters like Rock to enter the ring with mid-carders during that time, unless it was an easy payday. I can find multiple matches where fighters who were terrible in the 70s-90s were used as warm-up matches for amateurs or fighters in their early pro careers. These pro matches usually took place as the second or fourth fight. Although these fighters were not skilled for their era, they still appeared more advanced compared to fighters in the Rock era.

that's not impressive when it was vs guys with tech of his era way easier to do, like you're bragging on that is just ******, no one did that in 70s-90s shouldn't that tell you something man the skill level was way harder
            I easily see the difference in the eras.

But to believe that any fighter could fight for 10+ rounds without being hit is ridiculous.

Look through your videos and show me where a fighter fought for 10+ rounds and was never hit.

See ya in a year or two. ............Rockin'

Comment

I easily see the difference in the eras.

But to believe that any fighter could fight for 10+ rounds without being hit is ridiculous.

Look through your videos and show me where a fighter fought for 10+ rounds and was never hit.

See ya in a year or two. ............Rockin'
              It didn't happen because they were fighting much more advanced people, so you're bragging about a guy who didn't get hit by much less advanced people. That's not really impressive to me. i said this already, I never said any match would go rounds without getting hit, no guy from rocks era fighting that exact way would last 1 round vs guys in 70s-90s
              Last edited by Ascended; 02-07-2024, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

It didn't happen because they were fighting much more advanced people, so you're bragging about a guy who didn't get hit by much less advanced people. That's not really impressive to me. i said this already, I never said any match would go rounds without getting hit, no guy from rocks era fighting that exact way would last 1 round vs guys in 70s-90s
                You're wasting my time. Of the 2 fighters, I never said that Marciano was in any way hard to hit.

But even with that fact, I couldn't see James stopping him.

.....................Rockin'

Comment

You're wasting my time. Of the 2 fighters, I never said that Marciano was in any way hard to hit.

But even with that fact, I couldn't see James stopping him.

.....................Rockin'
                  I don't care what you can't see; it doesn't matter to me. What matters is what I see, and rock was obsolete in tech, very flawed, and would be destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Defecator View Post
                    Best burn I’ve seen in a while. That being said, this…..thing’s post seem word for word identical to other accounts. Troll using an alt? Seems like the same person posting the same things, just different accounts.
                    oh yes! He comes back from time to time, last time was moneyman lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Defecator View Post

Moorer could certainly outbox him, especially if Baer came in in a mood to clown. If Baer gets a chance to connect clean with that right hand, though, Moorer wakes up with the ring doc looking over him. Baer had legit one-punch power.
                      Yup and also when bauer really tried he could set that punch up. Not a sure thing that I can see.

Comment

Working...
                      X