No announcement yet.

Valuev vs Louis 1942

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuev vs Louis 1942

Let's say that Nikolai Valuev replaced Abe Simon vs Joe Louis in 1942. How does the fight go?

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
    Let's say that Nikolai Valuev replaced Abe Simon vs Joe Louis in 1942. How does the fight go?
    To quote Barbados Joe Walcott, "The bigger they are the harder they fall".

Louis would chop him down within 5 rounds, Valuev gets demolished.

Comment

Quite honestly, who knows? You should look at this video of Louis vs Carnera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQsLrUxDPA
      Perhaps it will help you come to some conclusion.

Comment

I dont think Valuev even beat Holyfield to be honest and he was clearly beaten by Chagaev

Comment

Snzzzzz, snzzzz. You need disciplined, young lady, for such matches.

Comment

Uncle Ben, please find another bout for us

Comment

--- Niko fought internationally promoted as a freak and always Whooped the hometown fav, usually by KO.

That he held a title and was highly respected at the beginning of the Eastern Euro takeover of the heavy division by being highly ranked for a decade speaks to his formidable attributes.

Like Wilt succinctly noted, nobody roots for Goliath, hence this thread. He would dwarf Primo who previously set the Goliath panto faint hearts into a tizzy.

Comment

I don’t find this a silly thread, as I’m a firm believer of that athletes have developed thru the years.

A 2006 version of Valuev against a 1942 version of Louis, and I had gladly paid some PPV bucks to watch it.

Louis 1942 vs Valuev existing 1942, or Valuev 2006 vs Louis existing 2006, it’s a different story.

Comment

I'd certainly pay to see Louis, one of boxings hardest punching sharpshooters land full force 4 and 5 punch combinations. It would be a spectacular knockout. Values may be able to take a single punch from Louis but not 4-5 consecutive power punches. Valuev would not have the capability in any way to stop these blows.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
                    Uncle Ben, please find another bout for us
                    Ben's got a serious Louis fetish going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X