No announcement yet.

Valuev vs Louis 1942

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    I'd certainly pay to see Louis, one of boxings hardest punching sharpshooters land full force 4 and 5 punch combinations. It would be a spectacular knockout. Values may be able to take a single punch from Louis but not 4-5 consecutive power punches. Valuev would not have the capability in any way to stop these blows.
    Valuev did have an iron chin.
    Slow and boring to watch, but he was in possession of a fast and heavy jab, working from an 85in reach.
    Valuev 2006 vs Louis 1942 had been settled by scorecards.
    I believe.

Comment

Absolutely no chance a human heavy bag like Valuev would last 15 rounds with Louis. He would be torn to shreds.

Comment

Originally posted by Vae Victis View Post
        Quite honestly, who knows? You should look at this video of Louis vs Carnera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQsLrUxDPA
        Perhaps it will help you come to some conclusion.
        Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        I dont think Valuev even beat Holyfield to be honest and he was clearly beaten by Chagaev
        I'd certainly pay to see Louis, one of boxings hardest punching sharpshooters land full force 4 and 5 punch combinations. It would be a spectacular knockout. Values may be able to take a single punch from Louis but not 4-5 consecutive power punches. Valuev would not have the capability in any way to stop these blows.
        Absolutely no chance a human heavy bag like Valuev would last 15 rounds with Louis. He would be torn to shreds.
        valuev didn't have the skills of carnera, louis would win every single round. louis' combinations would make valuev look like a ******

Comment

--- Louis would find his punches lose their zing having to punch up, moreover having to support 320lbs in the clinches is exhausting.

John Scully was fighting in Germany and near breathless reporting he'd just seen the biggest, strongest, fastest fight ever in such a combo of traits.

Just stating the obvious, that Valuev was highly respected among boxing professionals.

Comment

Oh, is that right? I guess the professionals couldn't see he was awful. They should have consulted any drunken fool, for they knew all along. He never did anything in a ring but wade around. He was good at slapping old men in Russian parking lots after his wife got in heated arguments with them.

Comment

It has already been established by consensus elsewhere that Pep crushes Valuev in a much more interesting matchup. He will not be able to bull Pep around with impunity. Pep will pop him in the belly button again and again while avoiding clinches.

Comment

Either the most brutal 12/15 round beat down you ever see, or more likely Valuev is stopped, exhausted and bloodied, by the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
                  Let's say that Nikolai Valuev replaced Abe Simon vs Joe Louis in 1942. How does the fight go?
                  Please put more effort into the op to tell why a particular bout is interesting.

Comment

--- Don't recall Niko being cut, exhausted, and stopped by the ref much less any boxer...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Please put more effort into the op to tell why a particular bout is interesting.

That is absurd. How is he supposed to make such a match interesting?

These guys really listen to the mods and the board's wishes. Notice how they only put up the most meaningful matches for our consideration anymore. That is because people everywhere are dying to know who would win between these two. I have heard the same question posed on the street many times. Valuev or Louis? Who you got? said an excited nun to me once.

Comment

Working...
                      X