No announcement yet.

Hook Off the Jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook Off the Jab

which fighters were/are masters at this?

Southpaw recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Good question. Would have to think about this, but off the top of my head, Jhonny Gonzalez is, or was, pretty good at hooking off his jab.

If you're looking for a lefty, Michael Moorer was good at it. He may have been better with his right than his left despite boxing southpaw.

Comment

Lomachenko of course. Lara. Wlad klitschko. Tito trinidad. I think its an underrated combo and is almost always unexpected most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyhands420 View Post
        Lomachenko of course. Lara. Wlad klitschko. Tito trinidad. I think its an underrated combo and is almost always unexpected most of the time
        He's asking for southpaws.

Comment

Jose Napoles was first to come to mind, he pretty much mastered it, jab - duck - hook and it was perfect everytime, Ezzard Charles as well.
          Last edited by NChristo-; 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            He's asking for both but said Southpaw is more appreciated...

Comment

Yes, either stance works.

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Originally posted by NChristo- View Post
              He's asking for both but said Southpaw is more appreciated...

Comment

--- Manny got quite versatile with his jab, dominating a few of his fights with it.

In the TUE mishap, at one point he knocked him backwards with 5 hybrid hook/jabs.

Wlad by far the best hooking off a jab with multiple variants of the two.

Comment

An "old school" trait that is somewhat forgotten in later years.

Harold Johnson, Alexis Arguello, Carlos Monzon, all did it very well. 3 of my all time favourites. I love watching those kind of techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    An "old school" trait that is somewhat forgotten in later years.

Harold Johnson, Alexis Arguello, Carlos Monzon, all did it very well. 3 of my all time favourites. I love watching those kind of techniques.
                    How did you like Toney's jab off the hook?

Comment

Working...
                    X