Collapse
No announcement yet.

The charity fights of ‘42 and [almost] Louis-Conn II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The local sheriff couldn't shut down your business without a court order (due process); the IRS can padlock your front door and then you get your chance to go to court.

What happen to the late '80s cry for a Tax Payers Bill of Rights?

Comment

I can't remember the last world class boxer who was also a tax expert. Ha, ha, right? Some of them call themselves businessmen, but of course they are not that, either. They have the money to hire people who know what they are doing in business. All a boxer can really do is express a broad idea to his brain trust. That is all a Mayweather does, for instance, you can bet on it. Floyd does not dream up creative tax breaks, folks. He is not treally a businessman but a business owner. There is a bit of a difference. And Floyd is one of the smart ones.

Poor ol' Joe was certainly not one of the smart ones. He had an excellent peasant's wit of words on him, but that was about it. He did not know business and should not have been expected to. The government expects that everyone has good, caring people in charge of their finances. But rapacious shrikes from every corner of mankind had gravitated to boxing before Louis was even born. That is who gets hold of a kid first, a kid who knows nothing, who puts his trust in these fast talkers whose lips drip with practiced promises.

Louis got hosed by the crowd of vultures supposed to be watching out for him, not the government. The government is not supposed to watch out for Louis's personal financial interests or assume he has crooks in charge, or to give him a break even after it is determined crooks are hosing him. Nor do I think that was ever determined in a timely manner. Many of the vultures feeding on him were lawyers of course. They know how to hose you illegally and get away with it. You could not ask for a better victim than Joe Louis, either.
      Last edited by The Old LefHook; 03-27-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
        The local sheriff couldn't shut down your business without a court order (due process); the IRS can padlock your front door and then you get your chance to go to court.

What happen to the late '80s cry for a Tax Payers Bill of Rights?
        The IRS is not on the level, never been. A tax on consumption could work as well and not destroy people but there is no interest.

When you or I owe a debt to a corporation they can call about it and report it, a contractor or some sort can encumber your property with a lien. If you owe a loan shark they might beat you up for a while... The IRS will ambush you kill you and claim they had no choice. Any government debt or conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          The IRS is not on the level, never been. A tax on consumption could work as well and not destroy people but there is no interest.

When you or I owe a debt to a corporation they can call about it and report it, a contractor or some sort can encumber your property with a lien. If you owe a loan shark they might beat you up for a while... The IRS will ambush you kill you and claim they had no choice. Any government debt or conflict.
          And come take your furniture, bank account, car and the clothes off your back.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            And come take your furniture, bank account, car and the clothes off your back.
            https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Cooper

This is typical. Yeah he was wrong for not paying taxes...So instead of putting a lien on his property you entrap, ambush and claim self defense. Killed for not paying taxes.

By the way try to do a google search for 'people killed for tax evasion' and watch Google get cute... they give you lots of information on regulations...and know what you are asking about lol.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-ta...l20-story.html

Listen to the BS in this last one... If they wanted to avoid a deadly confrontation why not just put a lien on the couple's house? when they die take and sell the property? If you renovated the very same house, and I didn't pay you...you came to my house and cut off power, set up a perimeter, etc how would that go down? bet the local sheriff would say "file a mechanic's lien." They most definitely do want to kill...and they wound up almost shooting these people to death.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Cooper

This is typical. Yeah he was wrong for not paying taxes...So instead of putting a lien on his property you entrap, ambush and claim self defense. Killed for not paying taxes.

By the way try to do a google search for 'people killed for tax evasion' and watch Google get cute... they give you lots of information on regulations...and know what you are asking about lol.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-ta...l20-story.html

Listen to the BS in this last one... If they wanted to avoid a deadly confrontation why not just put a lien on the couple's house? when they die take and sell the property? If you renovated the very same house, and I didn't pay you...you came to my house and cut off power, set up a perimeter, etc how would that go down? bet the local sheriff would say "file a mechanic's lien." They most definitely do want to kill...and they wound up almost shooting these people to death.
              That's why you have to nail down the furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                That's why you have to nail down the furniture.
                LOL and pay a hammer and nail tax

Comment

Working...
                X